I walked to this hotel from the bus station. A bit of a walk but got to see the government house, Fairmont Empress, the visitor center, all of Wharf Street, and Bastion Square along the way. It didn't rain the entire time of my 2 day stay. i did walk over the drawbridge to see the city sights and to eat at Swan's and Willie's Bakery and Cafe, among other places.
The hotel property is great and offers an excellent view of the harbor and government house, which is lit at night. The bar was good but service was a bit spotty as the staff was overwhelmed; sitting at the bar itself would have gotten quicker service.
The room was nicer than I expected and roomy enough for my needs as a solo traveler. The internet worked well and I did not watch nor even open the armoire that contained the television. There was simply too much natural and man-made beauty outside the room to spend it watching TV.
The hotel staff was courteous and helpful from checkin to checkout. Every employee I encountered was pleasant and I felt that my patronage was appreciated, even at the bar. The elevators worked well; the shower was good and the spa was very cold. You had to walk through the spa area to get to the pool. The spa was undergoing bathroom renovations during my stay, so they continue to invest in this property.
I wanted to stay at a decent place by the water during my stay and this one fit the bill without completely wrecking my budget. It isn't cheap though.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort And Spa
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel Victoria
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
- Delta Victoria
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort Spa
- Victoria Delta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Spectacular Setting Where People Work & Play in Perfect Harmony Situated on Victoria's breathtaking Inner Harbour, the newly renovated Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa is just steps from downtown shopping, restaurants and attractions. This beautiful hotel offers a modern waterfront setting for unsurpassed guest service, exceptional dining, and full resort amenities, including an award-winning Spa, complimentary health club, indoor swimming pool and tennis/racquet courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.