“Wonderful Hotel with Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   45 Songhees Rd, Victoria, British Columbia V9A 6T3, Canada (Victoria West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
20% Off until Dec 31,2014
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Victoria
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Hotel with Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! My husband and I arrived at the hotel at around 10:30 AM and stopped by the front desk to ask if we can check in early, expecting that it would not be possible (but of course, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?). Not only did Victoria C. (front desk associate) offer immediate check-in, she also offered a free upgrade of my city view room to a waterfront room. I readily accepted her offer. : )

We went to the room and spent a good 10 - 15 minutes admiring the view of the Inner Harbor, the Parliament Building and the bustling downtown Victoria. When we were able to finally peel our eyes away from the great view, we started our trek to downtown. Downtown is just a short 5 minute drive across the Johnson Street Bridge to get to the downtown area to visit the Parliament House, have Afternoon Tea at The Fairmont Empress, Chinatown, the Royal BC Museum, Fisherman's Wharf and the many great eateries. We could have either walked across (maybe 15 minute walk) or taken the water taxi, but since we knew we were going to stay out late, we decided to drive.

The hotel lobby is very bright and inviting. It leads to a beautiful walkway and view of Inner Harbor and downtown area. Our room was bright, clean and spacious.

The view from the room during the day is beautiful, but the view at night is even more spectacular!

I would like to thank Victoria C. for extending such great customer service!!! I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Victoria and will stay at Delta hotels more often when I travel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Well worth the money. Actually, I would be comfortable to pay more, that is how much I liked this place. The building and rooms look modern, sophisticated, looked after. Very good service; shuttle to down town every 5 minutes or so; you could also take a water taxi, or walk, its close enough. Amazing views!!!!!! Rooms are comfortable, beds are great. Restaurant was pretty good, too. I did not have a chance to use the spa, so, I will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tavistock, Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

One of the best holiday experiences we have had.
The room was very large, well appointed, spotless and with a wonderful view over the harbour towards the parliament building. The staff were friendly and efficient. We paid $40 extra for the signature club room facility which has complimentary snacks in the evening, continental breakfast in the morning and non-alcoholic drinks and beverages at all times. An evening meal in the hotel restaurant is strongly recommended. The prices are fair ($35 for a steak meal) and views over the inner harbour, which is illuminated as the sun sets.
This was booked as part of a BC Ferries package and a useful hint once on the ferry is to spend an extra $12 per person for the quiet lounge area. Here you have access to endless coffee, pastries, fruit, juices, local papers and the seating and views are better than most on the ferry. The journey itself is quite spectacular and we were lucky enough to see a whale en route.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights here in late August at the start of a 6 week North American trip. Delta Victoria was our best hotel by far, comparing most favourably with the Fairmont, Hilton and Hyatt groups.
The Taff were so friendly and helpful. Our room was beautiful, spacious, clean and had a beautiful view across the Harbour.
We ate in the Lounge and Restaurant and the food and service was great.
The concierge helped us plan our sight seeing using the water taxis that docked right at the hotel.
The only negative for us was the barking dogs in the rooms. As Australians we are not used to seeing and hearing dogs in hotel rooms and one night the barking disturbed our sleep!

Stayed August 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had room 718, with windows that open to let the fresh ocean air blow into the room at night, I couldn't have asked for more. Although a slight mix up landed me in a room with two queen beds, it was not really an issue.

Room service was fast, efficient, accurate and best of all, reasonably priced! Housekeeping could use a little refresher course on refreshing a room, though. My stay was for 5 days, and each day I was shorted on something....either it was facecloths, cups, glasses, coffee stuff...but all in all, a great stay!

I took time to have a facial at the spa downstairs, again, a great decision. Great staff, knowledgeable, professional and reasonably priced.

As for the gym, I ran the sea wall most mornings, but one morning the rain was bad, so I went to the gym. The way the pool and gym are set up, is that people entering or exiting the pool have to use a tiled aisle that runs about 5 or 6 feet wide, with carpeting on either side. The carpeted area holds the gym equipment. The problem is that people running back and forth from the pool to the potty, are leaving lots of water on the floor, that runs directly down the centre of the gym floor. I almost slipped as I got off the treadmill and headed towards the weight machines....I see that as a potential big problem and the hotel would be wise to remedy that ASAP!

Room Tip: Room 718 is located directly over the huge stone patio outside the Pure lounge. While it has excell...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed with my friend. Very good stay they have a shuttle to drop off and pick up to downtown food was good as well and the view to the ocean is just heaven. Rooms are very clean as well. There's also the very good shopping place juist across the bridge lots of local boutique and cool unique trinkets. I would defintely recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed as a family in July and couldn't fault a thing. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms large and well appointed and the service was excellent. We ate in the hotel restaurant on a few occasions and were impressed with the quality and value for money; often we find hotel restaurants to be overpriced compared to local restaurants but the restaurant here was fantastic. With a short stroll to the main centre the hotel is well situated and has great facilities. We unfortunately left an item behind but it was found by housekeeping and posted back to us in the UK very promptly. I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade to a harbour view at the front of the hotel
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!