“Happy we went,” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandbar-Wharf Restaurant

Sandbar-Wharf Restaurant
301-1208 Wharf St., Victoria, British Columbia V8X-3LT, Canada (Downtown)
Improve this listing
Ranked #677 of 966 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: I took my friends there for a nice dinner, but was extremely disappointed. We had 4 appetizers and 4 drinks plus 1 ice tea for a total of $91. plus. The food was mediocre bar food. I had some oysters. They were suppose to be Rockefeller, but were not even close to it. The service was friendly . They were serving specials in the bar, but would not serve us the same in the restaurant. The drinks were nothing special. Prices are completely over the top. I am a professional and have operated my own fine dining restaurant for 26 years successfully. We will NEVER set foot in this place again, and hopefully I can warn some unsuspecting Tourists to fall in this trap.
Sudbury Ontario
“Happy we went,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

After reading some reviews about this place, we gave it a try and the food was great, so was the service.

Visited March 2012

Carolina, Puerto Rico
“Good food, good service, great ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We were looking for a good seafood restaurant and Sandbar-Wharf met our expectation. The lobster was very good and the salmon was cooked almost perfectly. The quality and quantity of the food was very good, so we don't think it was overpriced. We enjoyed just sitting there having our drinks once we ate our food. If we ever visit Victoria again, we will definitely go back to Sandbar Restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Actually was fine..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stopped in for lunch, sat at the bar.. food was good, bartender was nice and friendly, attractive.. lol.. we ended up going back later for drinks, met lots of people at the bar, different bartenders but were all fun.. so far no double billing..

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Worst Seafood in Victoria! Don't Eat Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

We just left this restaurant and wanted to warn people while the experience was fresh in our minds. Incredibly overpriced! There is zero value here. I ordered the halibut which was so overcooked it had no flavour. My husband ordered the lack luster salmon pizza.

We were seated in the back where the decor was confusing and messy with staff junk sitting beside the windows, a cleaner spray bottle on the counter, grey silverware trays spread around, and empty flower boxes... atmosphere - ZERO.

At the end of it all, when we presented our Amex, they didn't take it, only Visa/MC. Really? If you're going to charge those prices step-up and pay the extra fee to support Amex for your customers.

They charge premium prices for a barely mediocre experience. Do not waste your time and money.

And since we just left, we will have to wait to see if we are charged twice as we've read from the other reviews here.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“OVERPRICED & CHARGED DOUBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

The Sandbar Wharf isn't reputed for its seafood -- but something is smelling pretty fishy about this place.

It was a good meal but not worth the money we paid ... On my last bill, I noted that they had charged us double for our meal and more since they added the amount for the meal plus the total of the invoice once tip was included.

Service was terrible so a $131 + $9 (tip) would have been $140 but the charge to my credit card was $271 so when I tried to contact them, I found out they have no internet site, their phone # is not in service, etc.

When I called Telus myself for a number, they told me they had no listing for a Sandbar Wharf Restaurant in Victoria. Hmmm!

One piece of advice would be to stay away from that restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere