“Good stories, shock factors not necessary” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ghostly Walks Walking Tours

Ghostly Walks Walking Tours
812 Government Street, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
250.384.6698
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Behind Victoria's old-world charm lie tales of eccentric characters, heroic deeds, intrigue, love, hangings, murder and GHOSTS!Ghostly Walks tours are scheduled year-round, they last 90 minutes and take place rain or shine.
Lakewood, Washington
4 attraction reviews
“Good stories, shock factors not necessary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Victoria ghost stories are riveting and our guides "the grim reaper" and Chris are expert storytellers. However, the little guy running around with the skeleton mask on to scare us was annoying.

Sherwood Park , Alberta
“Loads of fun, great walk and knowledgeable guides!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was the first time my two girlfriends and I have gone on a "girls-get-away" trip together. My only request for this trip was to go on a Ghost Walk. John Adams, who runs the tours, is a very intelligent, personable and knowledgeable man. There were enough people that we were split into two groups. One for the thrill-seekers and one for the faint of heart. We were in the second group, with one of John's colleagues, and we were not disappointed. Lots of history, interesting stories and a very pleasant walk. I have been on ghost walks in other cities around the world and this was very much on par. Other reviewers on here who were actually expecting to see ghosts, all I can say is "Really?!" This was a ghost walk - not a paranormal investigation experience!

All in all my girlfriends and I had a fun time and would recommend the walk to anyone! Lots of fun!

Visited November 2012
British Columbia
34 attraction reviews
“so much Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I went here on my visit during the winter-it was a freezing, but clear night. probably the most fun I'd had in a long time! The staff are incredibly knowing of the history of Victoria-and yes, it was a bit spooky!

Visited January 2012
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Great way to learn some haunted history and spend some time downtown!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

A friend and I thought it would be a cool idea to do one of the ghostly walks, and we were both glad we did! We went to the 9:30 walk on a slightly rainy Friday night, and it ended up being only us and our guide but it was a lot of fun. Our guide was very knowledgable and such a great story teller! We learned not only stories of haunted buildings, but also quite a bit of history of the downtown area which I found very interesting. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, it was money well spent.

Visited October 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“Good tour guides, a good walk and well behaved ghosts.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have been facinated in the after life for a while now so like to take advantage of tours like these when we can. We joined the group one evening and went for a walk through down town Victoria. We were told stories of places throughout down town where ghosts were known to fequent. Our two guides wove a tale so wonderful you believed tat you were there in the room with the young girl reading her book while we (the ghost and us) were listened intently. The guides welcomed questions and wanted the audience to participate. We felt welcomed and safe - even though it could get a bit scary at times. if you have an evening and want to be entertained - go for it - you will not be sorry!

Visited August 2012