“Beautiful Hideaway in Esquimalt” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cottage Pirouette B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Cottage Pirouette B&B
401 Lampson St., Victoria, British Columbia V9A 5Y9, Canada   |
Ranked #20 of 110 Victoria B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“Beautiful Hideaway in Esquimalt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Lorraine is a fabulous hostess & friend. Lovely homemade breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, orange juice, fresh muffins, I can't remember all the yummyness that was served.

My husband and I stayed in the Camellia Room, it was upstairs and had a private bath (jacuzzi tub). The Queen Bed was so comfortable that I had the best night's sleep.

Being Victoria residents, I had won a night at the B&B, it was a date night for my husband & I. I'd highly recommend Cottage Pirouette B&B, Lorraine is there when needed, she's very knowledgeable and the most wonderful hostess - and singer! Gorgeous harp in the living room, too. Wonderful ambience, and very accomodating for dietary needs.

You won't be disappointed staying here. Well worth it!

Room Tip: Camellia Room has a jacuzzi tub :-)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bigfork, Montana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We met the most marvelous lady who just happens to run the Cottage Pirouette. It's in a charming neighborhood within walking distance of a park with a boat launch, beach,and. rock wall suitable for climbing. There we got to see a leopard seal up close and personal. The bus stops just out the front door if you choose to ride into town. The cottage is charming and Lorraine makes the most wonderful breakfast. I would not hesitate to recommend staying here to anyone who is looking for a casual relaxing time. Will definitely stay there again should we go back to Victoria.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I booked this B&B for a little vacation in Victoria after a family wedding in Surrey. The Pirouette is in Esquimalt just south of downtown Victoria, about a ten minute drive away. When we first arrived, our hostess Loraine met us and welcomed us into her house. We had booked the Sakura room with a king bed. It is located next to the front door at the front of the house, I was a little concerned that it would be noisy (and it could have been if the common room was used in the evening or the street was busy) but my fears were allayed. The room turned out to be quite quiet. The bed in the room was soft and made a bit of noise when you moved on it, I thought I would not sleep well but actually slept very well. The room had an on suite bathroom and it is of the style of the age of the house. It was very clean, the only things I could say could be improved were that the towels were a little rough and the blinds in the room don’t stop all the light in the morning. If you are a light sleeper or sensitive to light, you might be awaken early. Breakfast for our two days first was scrambled eggs and sausage with fresh strawberries and fresh bakes muffins, and on the second day was pancakes, fresh mellon, eggs over hard and bacon. Satisfying and plentiful yet simple. There is an area for guests to make tea or coffee and a small communal refrigerator to place items. Lorraine baked fresh cookies for all the guests and my wife really loved the oatmeal cookies on our last night. The common room has a television but we didn’t use it nor did any of the other guests.
In the evening after a long day of doing touristy stuff, we made our way down the end of the road to a nature preserve with lots of trails to walk around and benches to enjoy the beautiful vista of Washington’s mountains.
Victoria the city is very easy to get around and parking is plentiful and not too expensive (6 dollars for the day on Saturday) and on Sunday street parking is free. We were able to find parking right near the Empress hotel even though the city had closed off a bunch of streets for a bicycle race in the downtown.
The Pirouette B&B can be a good home base for sightseeing on the southern part of the island as it is quite easy to get to from highway 17.
All in all it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been to Cottage Pirouette four times and plan on continuing to stay there. The atmosphere is caring, comfortable and the interior elegant and well designed. The owner is particularly sympathetic. Once I arrived with a broken ankle and she was very helpful. She meets the needs of guests who have dietary restrictions and is generous with her time. Her breakfasts are magnificent.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Rose Room but each room has its own special charm.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at Lorraine's Bed and Breakfast last August. Going to Victoria during high season was a challenge and we were happy to stay at her home. Just some minutes from downtown, a friendly hostess who recommended places to eat and sites to visit. A cup of tea was a nice welcome. The B&B has got affordable rooms. We walked along the coast and enjoyed the view of the greater Victoria bay. This is a belated thank you for a really nice stay.

Room Tip: Daffodil and Wisteria are the "budget option" with shared bath. They were really good valu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Victoria_B_C_Peace, Owner at Cottage Pirouette B&B, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We are thrilled when someone remembers their happy holiday experience and takes the time to share it with others. That Canada's west coast provided you with a refreshing ocean experience makes us even prouder for setting up our B & B here. A large portion of our business is return guests, so I guess we're doing something right. As always, the B & B is evolving, and I hope that our multi-purpose studio will be ready for this summer's guests. Yoga sessions, live music nights, small wedding receptions, or if someone wants to rent the space to run a workshop, we see the space as becoming an integral part of the experience at Cottage Pirouette. My youngest assistants, the twins, were just 2 when we started, and now at 18 and working in the landscaping business, they are shaping the garden to be better than ever. Thank you for sharing your experience. If you're back vacationing in B.C., we look forward to serving you again!
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

What a lovely B&B we happened upon. On a whim we drove to Canada and didn't have lodging reservations but were so happy we landed here. We were warmly welcomed and made to feel right at home. The room was huge and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The backyard is a beautiful, regisitered eco habitat with space for relaxing and reading. The hostess, Lorraine, was able to accomodate my gluten allergy and still serve a tasty, full, hearty breakfast. Another added bonus was she gave us directions to a nearby restaurant that also makes and sells amazing chocolates. Overall, we had a great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed for six nights over the Christmas week and received a special rate for the Camelia room. We thoroughly enjoyed Lorraine's warm personality and her invitation to allow us to come and go as we pleased. Breakfasts were most generous and delicious. Having a kitchenette available to the guests was a great convenience. The room on the second story, complete with bath, was clean, comfortable and allowed us an uninterrupted stay. The house was beautifully decorated inside and out for Christmas. To note, a slight problem with the driveway - heavy, low cars can scrape on the sidewalk. Back seat passengers need to get out before driving in. The location is excellend as it is only a ten minute walk from our daughter's home.This has been our second stay and we look forward to more.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are accessed by a narrow staircase
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Victoria_B_C_Peace, Owner at Cottage Pirouette B&B, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear DJean L;

Thank you for taking the time to write in with your Christmastime feedback. Staying for two years in a row, you're a wonderful part of the Christmas spirit at Cottage Pirouette, and we thank you for bringing your warmth to the household. In the early years at Cottage Pirouette, we would close shop for 3 days over Christmas. Now, with the handy kitchenette in what we call Dining Room "B", everyone is able to meet their own schedules for Christmas morning, as we provide a self-serve breakfast option that day.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the driveway entrance. It was on my mind, but I knew that if the sidewalk were opened up, then I'd want to do the yard lighting system, and then that would mean doing the sprinkler system, and that would mean changing the entire garden beforehand, as the deer that have moved into the area have changed what will last through the seasons. The scenario reminds me of the children's book "If You Give a Moose a Muffin". Thanks for the nudge; I started in on the garden after putting the Christmas lights away, and the driveway will be done before high season this year. In the meantime, we find that if guests pull in slowly at a slight diagonal to the first entrance, there is no problem. As it is a circle loop driveway, there is always the other entrance for low-lying vehicles or those that may be weighed down.

We look forward to serving you again next Christmas, or any time throughout the year. Thank you very much once again. The best to you and yours,
Lorraine

Been to Cottage Pirouette B&B? Share your experiences!