“The Correct Name is The Sandbar” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mulvaney's Restaurant

Mulvaney's Restaurant
1535 Johnston St, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Fairview)
(604) 685-6571
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,909 of 2,803 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Neighborhood: Fairview
Neighborhood: Fairview
Canada
“The Correct Name is The Sandbar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This has been the Sandbar for a very long time now-time for the restaurant to update this.

It is okay, sometimes the food is good, sometimes the service is good and other times not. The last time I went I had a very overcooked burger, the service was very odd-I received one part of my meal at a time. The bill arrived and the charge for my meal was more than what the menu showed. I think this restaurant perhaps is suffering from some management problems. It has great potential to be a mid-range restaurant but they need to do some training and development of employees, get the menus and prices sorted out, and kick it up in the kitchen. The impression is that the kitchen is understaffed for such a large space. One time I was there I was 90 minutes for my meal-of the bartender hadn't been comping my drinks I would have left.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“dirty glasses”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I can't explain how disgusting it is to take a sip out of a glass that has something undescribably crusty in the bottom of it. The waitress apologized and returned with another on even after I told her I didn't want it. She brought it all the way to the our table before inspecting it and then promptly returned it as well. We took our meal outside and I guess people feed the birds enough that it has become part of the dining experience. There were crows perched on the empty tables behind us. When the meal arrived I wasn't very hungry anymore. The Pad Thai wasn't very good.

Visited May 2012