“Great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Akira Sushi

Akira Sushi
1069 Denman Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
Improve this listing
Ranked #725 of 2,801 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Toronto, Canada
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place is very small and the decor is not a priority for the owners. It has a diner kind of feel, even though the tables are spread out in the room. However, the food is fantastic, the service excellent and the cost extremely reasonable!! We ordered a variety of vegetable sushi and it was excellent. We paid cash - total cost was $20 for two people! Wow!
If you would like a quick, delicious meal with good service, visit this restaurant in west Vancouver!

• Visited July 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Dynamite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The dynamite roll that Akira sushi makes is superb. The fish is always fresh and you can order black rice on the sushi which creates a wonderful nutty texture.

Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Debit machine will not accept charge without tip for take out.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I think the review says it all. I went here for take out. I used my credit card to pay. I attempted to finalize the charge without a tip and the machine would not accept the charge. I then informed the server and received an entitled "no tip?" In response. Entitled rude service. You are not entitled to a tip for take out. Never again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I first saw this place first while having a meal directly opposite.
I checked reviews,and went there for my first proper sushi.I had some so called sushi from british Marks&Spencer but it's nothing like the real one.
Following reviewers advice,I asked for black rice,and opted for dynamite dragon.
It was lovely,and fulfilling.I love seafood,and combination with avocado was yummy.
I'm hooked:)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
key west, fl
“Gourmet Sushi served in a whole in the wall.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

This place is a must. I live in Miami but make sure I eat at Akira each time I am in Vancouver. The spicy rolls with black rice are fantastic. Sashimi is delicate and delicious and the spinach gomey is the best anywhere. All at a very low price. It is a very basic atmosphere but the food is fantastic.