“Dynamite!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Akira Sushi

Akira Sushi
1069 Denman Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
Improve this listing
Ranked #828 of 2,826 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Vancouver, Canada
“Dynamite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The dynamite roll that Akira sushi makes is superb. The fish is always fresh and you can order black rice on the sushi which creates a wonderful nutty texture.

Visited July 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Debit machine will not accept charge without tip for take out.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I think the review says it all. I went here for take out. I used my credit card to pay. I attempted to finalize the charge without a tip and the machine would not accept the charge. I then informed the server and received an entitled "no tip?" In response. Entitled rude service. You are not entitled to a tip for take out. Never again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I first saw this place first while having a meal directly opposite.
I checked reviews,and went there for my first proper sushi.I had some so called sushi from british Marks&Spencer but it's nothing like the real one.
Following reviewers advice,I asked for black rice,and opted for dynamite dragon.
It was lovely,and fulfilling.I love seafood,and combination with avocado was yummy.
I'm hooked:)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
key west, fl
“Gourmet Sushi served in a whole in the wall.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

This place is a must. I live in Miami but make sure I eat at Akira each time I am in Vancouver. The spicy rolls with black rice are fantastic. Sashimi is delicate and delicious and the spinach gomey is the best anywhere. All at a very low price. It is a very basic atmosphere but the food is fantastic.

Lake Country, Canada
“fantastic service, delicious fresh sushi, yummy black rice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Great find, casual, clean, friendly, small, neighborhood place with above average sushi and great prices. Loved the rainbow roll and black rice california rolls. The gyoza were so nice and crispy, and the wrapper was so fresh it may have been homemade. Great service, our green tea was never empty and always delivered without prompting with a smile, thanks ladies.

• Visited January 2012