“Best German Rye Bread anywhere in BC - they also sell soup at lunchtime” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andy's Bakery

Andy's Bakery
935 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,604 of 2,807 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Bakery
Vancouver, Canada
“Best German Rye Bread anywhere in BC - they also sell soup at lunchtime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I WAS HERE FOR THE BREAD, NOT THE DAILY LUNCH-TIME SOUP SPECIALS...
Being spoiled by German breads - the best anywhere on this earth - I've been looking all over coastal BC for a place that sells something just even remotely resembling it...
Well, after a long, fruitless search, I finally found it... at ANDY'S BAKERY !!!!!!
While the selection is rather limited (just 2 different kinds), the flavour and texture of their "Harvest Bread" (whole dark rye - almost a Vollkornbrot for those who know) and "Country Bread - Landbrot" (medium rye - Misch-/Feinbrot) are close to second to none to anything else here in Canada. Believe me, I know my bread!!! This bread, jucy and light in texture, comes pre-packaged and sliced, or in whole 3 to 4 lbs. loafs. If you live far away as I do - Vancouver Island :o(( - , then buy the loafs - they'll cut them for you, if you like - take them home, devide them into smaller packages and freeze them - something I really don't like all that much, but the only option I have if I want to indulge same). For those of you who like just the North American style White Breads, stick with it and spare me... You'll just never know what REAL bread is all about!!!!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love this little bakery. Located right near Britannia Centre, it's the local fav for great Pea Soup and sandwiches...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

I love this little bakery.
Located right near Britannia Centre, it's the local fav for great Pea Soup and sandwiches. Friendly owners and really sweet staff. The little sweat old lady who sometimes is there making the snadwiches is awesome. This is surely a jewel of The Drive.