“Some of the best Sushi anywhere!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kadoya Japanese Restaurant

Kadoya Japanese Restaurant
1063 Davie Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 1M5, Canada (Downtown)
604-608-1115
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Canada
“Some of the best Sushi anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I have been in this restaurant on Davie St a hundred times, it's probably the best for sushi. Like you favourite Viet-Thai place it's not about the decor, nor the seating or the flowers on the table. It's all about taste.
Adventurous rolls are the speciality here, fresh ingredients rolled into bright, colourful creations, topped with sauces, coconut, fruits... all kinds of things!
The prices went up in the last year, but it is still reasonable, for around 16-17 US I am stuffed full. I usually order another gomae salad instead of desert. And the price does not include liquor. When I say full, that includes salads, some sashimi and a huge roll. It is a very big roll ! It's a busy place, probably not too romantic, it's small but busy, OK if you going next door for coffee or for a drink somewhere else after though.
it is located on Davie St between Burrard & Thurlow...just writing about it makes me want to go back for more!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good hidden gem :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

Good hidden gem :)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The Best sushi I have ever had in my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

The Best sushi I have ever had in my life!

Vancouver, Canada
“The Tuna Tataki and the...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

The Tuna Tataki and the Canucks Roll made me come back for more.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent sushi!! But I...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

Excellent sushi!! But I usually get take out, b/c the restaurant is small and can be cramped and the service isn't that great. A couple times my friends received their food and I had to wait an extra 30mins before mine showed up!