“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yew Seafood + Bar

Yew Seafood + Bar
Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver | 791 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2T4, Canada (Formerly Yew Restaurant + Bar) (Downtown)
604-692-4939
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Yew Seafood + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 2,844 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe & West Georgia
Description: YEW seafood + bar is one of the city's premier seafood restaurants, delivering exceptionally delicious cuisine, great wines, innovative cocktails and a fun, welcoming environment for guests — all wrapped in legendary Four Seasons service. Perched at treetop level in Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, YEW's chic space, communal table and bar make it the perfect place to bring your social network.
The Woodlands, Texas
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed at the hotel and ate at Yew twice each for dinner and breakfast during our stay in Vancouver. First night in was simply fantastic - Delicious and creative crab taco and scallop starters, then an amazing cold seafood tower with succulent oysters, king crab legs, and numerous creative small plates. Fabulous creative desserts... All with friendly and attentive service from David (great recommendations). Other meals were great too... Each time with attentive and friendly service. Thanks for helping to make our Vancouver vacation so enjoyable!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jeff H, General Manager at Yew Seafood + Bar, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Love2travelandeat12,

Thank you for your complimentary note of your recent dining experience at YEW Restaurant + Bar.

I was delighted to learn that your time with us was made memorable by the efforts of our talent kitchen team as well as David. We had recently relaunched YEW Restaurant + Bar as a fresh new seafood concept last year, and the flair from the kitchen just keeps getting better. I am truly blessed to be working with so many dedicated and professional colleagues. I agree that David is an outstanding individual and he is one of our many gems within the company.

Love2travelandeat12, thank you so much for your kind words, and I will share it with them as I know this will inspire them to continue to do great things. We appreciate your patronage and hope to have the privilege and pleasure of having you back for future visits.

Whistler, Canada
“4 Seasons Sig restaurant/bar/ holding area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Good seafood, make reservations even if staying at the hotel and even if over 'cocktail hour'. Good if not cutting edge seafood. Did not get to try all- It was fresh- what we did try and very tasty.

Visited February 2012
Jeff H, General Manager at Yew Seafood + Bar, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear Starpilot1,

Thank you for you complimentary note regarding your receive visit at YEW Restaurant + Bar. I am please to read that you enjoyed your seafood experience. Thank you for sharing your reservation tip with our online community. Reservations are not mandatory, however, they are always welcomed. We hope you can join us again soon the next time you visit us from Whistler.

Vancouver, Canada
“beautiful space, pity about the food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I really expected more when I walked into Yew, so elegant and posh! Then we waited to be seated. And waited. Once brought to our table by the seemingly indifferent hostess, we were left to sit without menus. When the server tried to take our order we had to point out that we hadn't been given a chance to look at a menu. Very strange. Everything took a long time, our drinks, our food. My steak was tough, but no one came by to check on me. Overall, they seemed really understaffed and really unconcerned.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jeff H, General Manager at Yew Seafood + Bar, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Felicity_23d,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit at YEW Restaurant + Bar.

I am terribly disappointed that your visit was less than acceptable and that you have left with a poor impression of us. Clearly, this is not what you or we had envisioned for the dining experience. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of our team at YEW Restaurant + Bar. It would be my absolute pleasure to speak with you directly regarding your experience as I am wholly confident we can do better.

We will have a focal discussions regarding your visit with each of the team that you had encountered in a sincere effort to learn about how we can be better in the future. Our efforts are usually extremely well received by our guests from product to service experiences. Obviously in you case we fell far from our mark.

Rest assured that we will work diligently at improving the guest experience and hope that at some point in the future you'll give us another opportunity to try us again.

Victoria,BC
“An excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

my wife and I had lunch at the Yew. As with most 4 Seasons restaurants it was outstanding.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jeff H, General Manager at Yew Seafood + Bar, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Publisher1254,

Thank you for your quick note of your experience at YEW Restaurant + Bar. I am pleased to hear everything was smooth sailing at Brunch. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,
Vancouver,B.C
“Donuts in lieu of bread rolls to start. Tuna roll vermicelli appetizer a must !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We went there for brunch on a typical sunday morning brunch with my partner around 11. So we were given a different menu. They have a different menu for lunch. We made reservations in advance as we came a long way just to try it out. Mind you, parking in downtown Vancouver isn't cheap and can be a challenge as its a scarce to find one near your destination .

The waiter took our order and I instantly like the place. I also noticed that in the middle, there was this glass covered room for maybe 10-12 but my guess it's reserved for bigger groups or for anyone who would like this close-door meeting or a small private party perhaps?

The food -
To start it out with, the waiter came back with donut rolls. It was warm, fresh and so delicious. Something I'm not used to as usually restaurants serve us with bread rolls and butter.

Appetizer- The Tuna roll with vermicelli ( I forgot the name) was so good! It was filling enough. Then as for the main course I had Steak and eggs while my husband had a large omelette.

Dessert- by the time it came to this point I was stuffed but my husband has a sweet tooth so we decided to share the homestyle pie with ice cream! It was just so good.

On another note, they were also very keen to accomodate my husband's request which wasn't on the menu. He always likes to order something not there. lol. London fog. I think the supervisor came out and said they will do their best to make one.
WHen the server came out, my husband had his london fog. But this request didn't come out cheap. $9 for it:) But it certainly placed a smile on my husband's face which was priceless.

From start to end - Impressive.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear LonelyPTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with our online community and us.

I am so pleased to read that we were able to create such a positive dining experience. The donuts are definitely something unique that we offer compared to other restaurants. It’s just a little fun to break up the bread & butter routine, and they are made fresh every brunch service. I am also thrilled to hear that we were able to accommodate your husband special request for a London Fog, and I am happy to know he enjoyed it.

As we are located in the heart of the financial district, we have two opinions for our guests for parking. Being in Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, we do offer valet parking at various prices depending on the day. The other option is to self-park, and because we are connected to Pacific Centre Mall, their parkade, is available, again at various prices depending on the day.

LonelyPTraveller, thank you again for your support. We look forward to the pleasure of having you back again soon with us at YEW Restaurant + Bar.

Warm regards,