“The Italian Kitchen Is Quite the Kitchen - Two Thumbs Up and Recommended!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Italian Kitchen

Italian Kitchen
1037 Alberni Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V7V 3H6, Canada
+1 604-687-2858
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 2,765 Restaurants in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Burrard
Vancouver, Canada
“The Italian Kitchen Is Quite the Kitchen - Two Thumbs Up and Recommended!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Fantastic place to go for a nice dinner out with the service being top notch and the atmosphere being a place you feel good about being a part of and in. This place has always been one of my favorite dining restaurants to eat at occasionally. It had been a good year since I had eaten at this venue and they just keep getting better. I took my girlfriend out for a celebration dinner as she had just been accepted into a program at BCIT. When the manager was aware of this, they brought over a very nice glass of champagne for her and I to toast over.

The food was good…nothing to brag about or create a stir around but it was very good for the price you pay. You definitely get what you pay for here and you can’t ask for anything more… food is priced right!

Very nice welcome at the front door and we were brought right to our table and seats without waiting. Very comfortable seats, décor is good and it’s a good local downtown spot to come. If you haven’t tried this place, I would recommend it. For a Monday night it was absolutely packed… shocked that a restaurant would be so busy on a Monday night… but the flow was excellent… timing was good on food.

Thanks again for a great dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for joining us to celebrate your girlfriend's special day! Cheers!

Vancouver, Canada
“Fabulous food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great overall dining experience.
The chef, Shaughn, chose our meal for us...marinated eggplant bruschetta, a fresh mozzarella/proscuitto plate, and zucchini blossoms with tomato salad for appetizers were delicious. The lamb with brussel sprouts were wonderfully flavored, and my husband felt like he had eaten the best pasta in his life!
Our friendly server, Adam, selected a perfect wine pairing for us as well.
It was a fun, boisterous atmosphere with lots of smiles. We'll definitely return and refer our friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review - I have passed on your kind words to the team at Italian Kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Fort St. James, Canada
“Fantastic Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We came across this restaurant as it was near our hotel. We were greeted by a friendly staff member who quickly found us a table. From then on we found the service to be top notch. We ordered the pasta platter for two which was served family style. We also ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer. All of the food was delicious! I would recommend this restaurant to any of my friends visiting downtown Vancouver.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for making us a part of your trip to Vancouver! Cheers!
“Never dissapointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I love this place! I got there often. Their organic beat salad is to die for! The service is amazing, I am never disapointed with Glowbal Group's restaurants. I would recomend this to anyone wanting a casual fine dining experience, with knowledgable servers who are always looking for ways to personalize your experience to what your looking for. I will keep coming back for sure! Sometimes it does seem a bit squishy in there, but its worth it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for your kind words - we look forward to serving you again soon!
North Vancouver, Canada
“unpleasant birthday dinner at Italian Kitchen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We made a reservation last Friday at Italian Kitchen for my daughter's birthday. She made the reservation and told them it was her birthday and asked for a good table upstairs. When we arrived on time for the reservation, the place was in mayhem - seemed to be overbooked and we waited a half hour for a table downstairs. When we were seated, the server tossed my daughter's birthday flowers in the corner, never asking if perhaps she could put them in water, etc. The food was mediocre to point we needed to ask for salt. Server was in a bad mood and my daughter's birthday was ignored totally.
To top it off, the music was very loud and we could hardly hold a conversation.
Won't be returning to this restaurant!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hi there. I'm very sorry to hear of your recent experience. We'd like to speak with you directly so that we can follow up with the restaurant team to ensure this does not happen again. Please email marketing@glowbalgroup.com and we will be in touch right away. Thanks!