“Average food at best. You are really paying for the atmosphere, if you are going for food, go somewhere else.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Ticket Kitchen and Bar - CLOSED

The Ticket Kitchen and Bar
808 Beatty Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1C1, Canada (Downtown)
(604) 694-2467
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Robson
Description: Located in Downtown Vancouver right in the heart of the entertainment district, The Ticket Restaurant and Bar has a the perfection selection of Prime steaks style with some West coast flare. Featuring Certified prime dry aged beef along with top quality lamb, pork and the freshest of seafood daily. Choose from a great selection of wines to accompany your meal or just enjoy your favourite cocktail in the lounge. The room is rich with buttery leather booths and elegant hardwood. A perfect place to celebrate a night out, entertain clients, or stop in before or after an event.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I came here with two other friends to use the dealfinder coupon that expired earlier last month. This was our 2nd attempt to eat here, because we came the day before and they closed the kitchen down at 9pm cause it was quiet. The place looks absolutely beautiful, and I had high hopes for the evening. We order the Braised Short Rib Poutine, Prime Beef Dip, The big one burger and the meat lovers pizza.

When we got the poutine, there was no shortrib in it. At all. So we told the server and he was very nice about it, sent it back to the kitchen. Then our mains arrived, the beef dip was ok. To be honest, it wasn't that special, and the dip reminds me of those lipton gravy packs you get at the store (add water and stir type). The bread was nicely toasted and i think it had some mayo? in it.

I got the burger and the first few bites were ok, then I discover the other 1/2 of the burger was burnt. So I made due by eating all the bacon and other things around the non burnt parts. I told the waiter and again he took it away.

By this time our poutine came back! This time it had short rib (versus the normal poutine) and it was better. The grave was different from the other regular poutine, but the short rib wasn't that flavourful. I just felt I could have made this better at home in someways :S

My other friend got pizza and while I liked the pizza. The complaint from my friends was that the pizza was very doughy/chewy. Surprisingly so for a thin crust. I guess your love it or hate it factor would be if you like chewy crust.

I should mention the beef dip and the burger comes with sides options, and we both go the bacon chowder that day and it was ok. I didn't mind the chowder but I felt something was missing, couldn't really put my finger on it, sort of made it bland otherwise.

The waiter asked if I wanted another burger, but by finishing the soup and poutine I was pretty full so it was a bit of a moot point to cook me another one. We ended up using our teambuy coupon, and the waiter still charged me the full price for the burn burger, but I guess it was because we were using the teambuy voucher that we didn't get compensation for the burger. I didn't want to make a fuss over it because it was very late by then 10:30, and it took over 20 to get our bill sorted. If I made a fuss, I'd never get to go home.

Just a note, the web menu is different from the in house menu and we didn't get any drinks cause everything starts at $9 and above from what I could see. Maybe beer was cheaper, but we didn't get any. The service was very good, I didn't much to complain there. I think our server was very overwhelmed with the service that day and it was late. I was just more disappointed in the kichen cause we had to send food back 2x. Our server deserved his 15% no doubt about that.

Regardless of our food disappointments, we did like the atmosphere and this would be a nice place to take a date to impress them. However, if they are foodies, take them somewhere else.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

30% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“Spend your money somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a Groupon for this meal. It entitled a party of two to one appetizer, two entrees, and one dessert for $45. It was a weeknight, and the restaurant was half empty when we arrived around 7:15pm. The hostess led us to a booth seat (for 4 people), removed 2 sets of cutleries, then told us this is NOT our table as we were about to sit down. She then led us to a much smaller table. Normally I wouldn't mind but the restaurant wasn't busy and it was a weeknight. When I asked if we could have the booth seat instead, the hostess said the table is "reserved". Yeah right. Not a good start.

We eventually settled at a small booth seat tha'ts designed for 2 people, but it's right next to the entrance. Next we were handed a one page menu that had very limited selection. We thought it's a "Groupon-specific" menu, and after we placed our order, we were told that we could actually order from the regular menu which has more selections. At that point, we just wanted to eat and didn't bother changing our orders.

We ordered the Smokey Prawn Creole for appy, and it was somewhat delicious. My only complaint about this dish is the temperature. It felt only lukewarm. Before we could finish, our entrees came and the server (not our original server) just said "oh, we brought it out a little bit early eh?". Then she pushed our appy dish to the side and laid down the two entrees without asking if we wanted to finish the appy first. Our table was small and as a result of this shuffling, my water was knocked over and spilled over to my clothes. Another point reduction.

For entrees, we both ordered the Prime Rib cooked to medium rare. This was the biggest disspointment of the night. While the ribs are almost well done as opposed to medium rare, it tasted bland. The meshed potatoe was horrible. It tasted like a powder mix. Yuck. I am so glad this is covered by the Groupon as I will not pay $28 (the regular price) for it.

We had the lava cake for dessert. It comes with a very small scoop of ice-cream, and I expected premium quality when they serve it in this size. I was wrong! The President Choice ice-cream tastes better than this. The lava cake itself was decent.

Overall, I am quite disappointed at the food quality. Our main server was friendly but a bit robotic (maybe she had a long day). Because we sat so close to the entrance, we could see several servers gathered around the hostess, chatted and giggled like high school girls for a long time. This is not professional at all. At one point, a junior / very young looking staff came to our table, without saying a word, pointed at our empty dishes. I think what he wanted to say was "can I take these plates away for you?". We guessed his intention and said "Yes, we are done.". He took our dishes away without saying a word. What kind of service was that??

Their prices were not cheap either. My bill came up to $78 (no alcholic drinks) if I didn't have the Groupon. For this kind of money, I would go to Cactus or the Keg and have much better quality of food. Needless to say, I will not return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Canada
“Planning to go back again, soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Was so happy with the service, food was excellent, one of the best we've tasted, drinks were good, everything was served to us really well, and they made sure we were happy with everything! The atmosphere is very modern and feels good when you're at your table. We're planning to go back again, soon and take another couple with us because we raved about it so much!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, BC
“Not a Great Experience this Time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had been to The Ticket twice before, pre-hockey games, and we thought the food was pretty good,and nice servers too. When a friend and I were going downtown to a concert, I suggested dinner first at this restaurant. What a disappointment. We sat out on a patio, and I think we were just forgotten much of the time. We ordered drinks and dinner, waited a good long time to get some wine, and after we sat and drank and talked for a while, the waitress stopped by and asked if we wanted to see a food menu. When we reminded her that we had already ordered dinner, our waitress admitted that she forgot to put our food order in. When the food arrived, my friend's salmon was so dry and hard that she had to send it back. My chicken was not bad, a little dry, but as it was smothered in a sauce, I ate it anyhow. We ordered another glass of wine, and the server told us that the second one was on the house. However, when we got out bill, the wine was added. We mentioned this to her, she took it off, and we paid and left without giving her a tip. I don't do that very often, but she didn't deserve one. As I had better experiences at The Ticket before, I would give it another chance.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Double check your bill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is our second visit to The Ticket and our bill was over charged on both occasions. The servers were very apologetic and corrected the bills but I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a coincidence or done on purpose. On both occasions we had to wait nearly an hour to receive our appetizers which is just way too long for anyone that has hungry kids in tow. When my soup finally arrived it was just barely lukewarm. It's also nearly impossible to find your server. Tonight we had to ask three different people if we could get our bill. The location to the stadium for pre & post game drinks is fantastic as is the all over vibe and music of the place, but I'd have to say it's definitely not worth it.

• Visited May 2013