“Not a Great Experience this Time” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Ticket Kitchen and Bar - CLOSED

The Ticket Kitchen and Bar
808 Beatty Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1C1, Canada (Downtown)
(604) 694-2467
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Robson
Description: Located in Downtown Vancouver right in the heart of the entertainment district, The Ticket Restaurant and Bar has a the perfection selection of Prime steaks style with some West coast flare. Featuring Certified prime dry aged beef along with top quality lamb, pork and the freshest of seafood daily. Choose from a great selection of wines to accompany your meal or just enjoy your favourite cocktail in the lounge. The room is rich with buttery leather booths and elegant hardwood. A perfect place to celebrate a night out, entertain clients, or stop in before or after an event.
Vancouver, BC
“Not a Great Experience this Time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had been to The Ticket twice before, pre-hockey games, and we thought the food was pretty good,and nice servers too. When a friend and I were going downtown to a concert, I suggested dinner first at this restaurant. What a disappointment. We sat out on a patio, and I think we were just forgotten much of the time. We ordered drinks and dinner, waited a good long time to get some wine, and after we sat and drank and talked for a while, the waitress stopped by and asked if we wanted to see a food menu. When we reminded her that we had already ordered dinner, our waitress admitted that she forgot to put our food order in. When the food arrived, my friend's salmon was so dry and hard that she had to send it back. My chicken was not bad, a little dry, but as it was smothered in a sauce, I ate it anyhow. We ordered another glass of wine, and the server told us that the second one was on the house. However, when we got out bill, the wine was added. We mentioned this to her, she took it off, and we paid and left without giving her a tip. I don't do that very often, but she didn't deserve one. As I had better experiences at The Ticket before, I would give it another chance.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Double check your bill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is our second visit to The Ticket and our bill was over charged on both occasions. The servers were very apologetic and corrected the bills but I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a coincidence or done on purpose. On both occasions we had to wait nearly an hour to receive our appetizers which is just way too long for anyone that has hungry kids in tow. When my soup finally arrived it was just barely lukewarm. It's also nearly impossible to find your server. Tonight we had to ask three different people if we could get our bill. The location to the stadium for pre & post game drinks is fantastic as is the all over vibe and music of the place, but I'd have to say it's definitely not worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“badddddddddddddddddddddd”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

baddddddddddddddd sevice

everything goes wrong here
we have a group for this restaurant, we are trying to make a reservation @ 7:30pm. the girl over the phone telling us only available @8:pm.
we arrived, they give us the worst table (since we are using a groupon) while all the other tale are empty. we were told all of them have been reserved, but no one is showing up in these |"reserved" one, when we leaving the restaurant.
the food are very high price. worst steak ever.
when we pay the bill, the waitress was $2 short.
after all , it was worse than hot dog stand

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Cold food. Bad presentation.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My dad got a gift certificate here so we came as a family for dinner. I ordered a Caesar and the lamb shank. The Caesar was ok but it looked horrible. Whatever they lined the rim with was sliding in chunks down the side. When my lamb came it was refrigerator cold. Not happy. The sauce was cold as well as if they made it hours ago and let it sit out. They also messed up my mom's order.

The only good things I can say about this place are that the ahi tuna and shrimp creole were good. The rest was just a horrible experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gibsons, Canada
“Total disappointment on all levels”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I gave my daughter & her husband a gift of a Dealfind voucher worth $124 for food & alcohol. They made dinner reservations for 7:15 as it was an event night and also mentioned they had the voucher. When they arrived at 7:15 the restaurant was about 30% full. As soon as they showed the waitress their voucher, she RUDELY advised them that alcohol was NOT included although voucher says it was. They would not be able to have a dessert and they could share an appetizer. All contrary to voucher wording. They asked to speak to the manager who was not in but a waiter came and explained that these restrictions were set down by the manager and he didn't have the authority to make changes. They even phoned me at home and I was advised they could only comply with the MISSING MANAGER. By then, the kids were extremely embarrassed and left the restaurant and ate elsewhere.
After reading many reviews since the restaurant has changed ownership to The Ticket Kitchen & Bar, I know realize that this is a restaurant to AVOID. I had told many of my friends how great the prior restaurant, Players Chophouse, was. What a disappointment!!!

• Visited March 2013