“Double check your bill!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Ticket Kitchen and Bar - CLOSED

The Ticket Kitchen and Bar
808 Beatty Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1C1, Canada (Downtown)
(604) 694-2467
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Robson
Description: Located in Downtown Vancouver right in the heart of the entertainment district, The Ticket Restaurant and Bar has a the perfection selection of Prime steaks style with some West coast flare. Featuring Certified prime dry aged beef along with top quality lamb, pork and the freshest of seafood daily. Choose from a great selection of wines to accompany your meal or just enjoy your favourite cocktail in the lounge. The room is rich with buttery leather booths and elegant hardwood. A perfect place to celebrate a night out, entertain clients, or stop in before or after an event.
Vancouver, Canada
“Double check your bill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is our second visit to The Ticket and our bill was over charged on both occasions. The servers were very apologetic and corrected the bills but I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a coincidence or done on purpose. On both occasions we had to wait nearly an hour to receive our appetizers which is just way too long for anyone that has hungry kids in tow. When my soup finally arrived it was just barely lukewarm. It's also nearly impossible to find your server. Tonight we had to ask three different people if we could get our bill. The location to the stadium for pre & post game drinks is fantastic as is the all over vibe and music of the place, but I'd have to say it's definitely not worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“badddddddddddddddddddddd”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

baddddddddddddddd sevice

everything goes wrong here
we have a group for this restaurant, we are trying to make a reservation @ 7:30pm. the girl over the phone telling us only available @8:pm.
we arrived, they give us the worst table (since we are using a groupon) while all the other tale are empty. we were told all of them have been reserved, but no one is showing up in these |"reserved" one, when we leaving the restaurant.
the food are very high price. worst steak ever.
when we pay the bill, the waitress was $2 short.
after all , it was worse than hot dog stand

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Cold food. Bad presentation.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My dad got a gift certificate here so we came as a family for dinner. I ordered a Caesar and the lamb shank. The Caesar was ok but it looked horrible. Whatever they lined the rim with was sliding in chunks down the side. When my lamb came it was refrigerator cold. Not happy. The sauce was cold as well as if they made it hours ago and let it sit out. They also messed up my mom's order.

The only good things I can say about this place are that the ahi tuna and shrimp creole were good. The rest was just a horrible experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gibsons, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Total disappointment on all levels”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I gave my daughter & her husband a gift of a Dealfind voucher worth $124 for food & alcohol. They made dinner reservations for 7:15 as it was an event night and also mentioned they had the voucher. When they arrived at 7:15 the restaurant was about 30% full. As soon as they showed the waitress their voucher, she RUDELY advised them that alcohol was NOT included although voucher says it was. They would not be able to have a dessert and they could share an appetizer. All contrary to voucher wording. They asked to speak to the manager who was not in but a waiter came and explained that these restrictions were set down by the manager and he didn't have the authority to make changes. They even phoned me at home and I was advised they could only comply with the MISSING MANAGER. By then, the kids were extremely embarrassed and left the restaurant and ate elsewhere.
After reading many reviews since the restaurant has changed ownership to The Ticket Kitchen & Bar, I know realize that this is a restaurant to AVOID. I had told many of my friends how great the prior restaurant, Players Chophouse, was. What a disappointment!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surrey, Canada
“An interesting experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I had a "dealfind" voucher for $101.00. We phoned late Monday afternoon and let the receptionist know we had a voucher. We requested a 7:00 p.m. seating. We were told that time was not available, but 7:30 was. We reserved. When we arrived, the restaurant was less than 30% full. Why we couldn't get our 7:00 p.m. seating is beyond me.We were taken to an area where there were a number of tables and booths available. We were given a table beside a very loud individual who was dominating a conversation with his two companions. We were not offered a booth.
As often happens, the coupon indicated we were limited in what we could order. As it happened, what we did order were the most expensive items we were permitted according to the coupon. Our food bill came to $78.00. Why offer a $101 voucher if that amount is not available to your customer?
When I checked the wine list, I found the prices to be very high. I was familiar with one bottle in particular that was marked up almost 300%.
My wife and I were looking forward to a really nice evening out. This could have been it, but it wasn't. The food was okay and our waiter was personable, but I wouldn't go back. I assume that restaurants offer vouchers to get people in the door with the belief that they will want to return at another time and tell their family and friends what a wonderful restaurant it is . For this to work, customers need to have had a great experience. Ours was interesting, but not great.

• Visited March 2013