“All India and Little India worth the visit” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,434 of 2,804 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Saipan/Bahamas
“All India and Little India worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Both my wife and I are keen curry and vegetarian fans, Little India was a great find. We truly enjoyed the veggie buffet (My wife LOVES buffets).
Clean and a great staff. Perhaps a shade too much salt in the food though (thus only 4 stars)

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Vancouver
“THE REAL DEAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I love this place when I am starving. So many good things in the buffet - I rarely have room for the all the good looking desserts!! This place is the real deal.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“New Owners!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Was at AIS about a year ago and was disappointed ~ had been going for 12 years & watched it slowly decline. HOWEVER! Dropped in today and was pleasantly surprised. The $9.99 AYCE vegetarian buffet was steaming hot, spotless & had a couple of new selections, wait staff was wonderfully attentive and seemed genuinely happy to be there. It was the first time in a long time that there were lots of people eating in ~ nice to see. Apparently new management took over a month ago and they're slowly trying to bring the place back up to speed ~ so far so good! It was a great experience and I'm really glad we decided to give it another try. Will most certainly be back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“Standard good Indian fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The food was not remarkable, nor bad. For those like us who make a special trip out there by subway, I'm not sure it's worth it unless you're also there to go sari-shopping/viewing. This is in short, a diner, with Indian food and a sweets counter on the side. The naan was better than average, somehow flat and fluffy at the same time. The chapati were plentiful. The rest was fine but as I wrote in the title, not distinguishable from other decent Indian restaurants.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, B.C.
“Extensive menu: try something new!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

A few years ago, whenever I visited Vancouver, I tried to stop at All-India Sweets & Restaurant before leaving town. However, over time, the food at All-India became a little tired, the spicing not very original, and the staff not particularly welcoming. Recently, on the recommendation of friends who eat there regularly, we decided to give it another try (we took the friends along). Things have definitely improved: the staff is friendly and attentive; the menu is as extensive as I remembered. It's a great place, with the servers' advice, to bypass the butter chicken and try something new. We ordered from the a la carte menu: Veggie Pakoras, Lamb Biriyani, Palak Paneer, Tandoori Chicken, Alu Matar, chapattis, pickles, raita. Medium heat was about right for us -- stick with "mild" if anyone is unsure and then add heat if you need it. Everything was delicious. The portions were generous -- I couldn't even consider dessert, although next time I will remember to take home some barfi or other sweets from the front cabinets. The decor is unpretentious, and they will turn down the music if asked. I'll admit that It's difficult to judge a restaurant on the basis of one meal. But it was one of the best straight-ahead, non-fusion E. Indian meals I've had in a long time. But to be certain, we'll have to go back again next time we're in town.

Visited April 2012