“West Restaurant has excellent Vancouver local fare” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Restaurant + Bar

West Restaurant + Bar
2881 Granville St., Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3J4, Canada (Fairview)
604-738-8938
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 2,714 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Dessert, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fairview
Cross street: 13th St.
Baltimore, Maryland USA
“West Restaurant has excellent Vancouver local fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Tip: Arrive before 6 PM and get the Theatre tasting menu for $45, an incredible value!
A great foodie restaurant, the service is very friendly and professional and the food is some of Canada's finest I've heard--I can't argue with that, our meal was excellent. We did the Theatre tasting menu--I had Albacore Tuna marinated in Ponzu with samphire, seaweed salad and citrous mayonnaise; Snake River Farm Kurobuta Pork Cheeks with carmelized apricot risotto, kale and fruit chutney jus...and the dessert was out of this world! Fresh Blueberry tart with passion fruit chiffon, and sour cream thyme ice cream--all pictured.

83% Recommend
Vancouver
“Aggressive up-selling on liquor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Just dropped by for a drink and was put off by the obvious up-selling on liquor. Bottled water appeared before we realized what was happening and I had to insist on the drink I ordered as the bartender tried hard to get me to take something more expensive. Maybe the food is really good, but the over-the-top pushing at the bar failed to impress.

Edmonton
“This is what culinary magic is all about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

In my opinion, culinary magic is about a few simple ingredients.
1) Great friendly service: Our server was Suzanne and I was made to feel at home right away and that Suzanne was a friend that I just hadn't met yet. She was fun and had some great ideas and suggestions to make the experience fun for me and my guest.I mentioned some of my alergies when it came time for dessert. Our waitress worked in tandem with the pastry chefs to bring me out something special. There is no room for error in their service.
2) Great food with great incredients: I don't often have the opportunity to eat at such great restaurants, so I feel as though I might appreciate this more than the average foodie, but my meal was so great, I had to go back and thank the kitchen team for the job they did. Nothing fake about these dishes or kitchen staff. These guys are "It"!
3) Elements that compliment each other: Everything from the decor, service and food blended together to create a well rounded, well executed experience.

There is nothing to knock about this restaurant!

vancouver,bc
“Dineout - book it at West!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

I went to WEST for dineout. Not only was the food good, but the service was also superb. I don't normally go to high class restaurants since i'm in my early twenties. THey treated everyone and anyone very well. I also had a free drink coupon and they ended up promo'ing the whole table for free drinks! If i had the money, i'd go here way more often.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver
“Consistently one of the best in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Having dined at 2 and 1 Michelin starred restaurants I have to say that West is deserving of at the minimum 1 Michelin star as well.

Though it is a small intimate dining room the room is a well oiled machine with everyone doing their best to ensure that everyone receives a great dining experience. The food is consistently fresh and highlights the best local produce available in season (as is the restaurant group's policy I reckon) and although from time to time there has been a few "misses" I believe that is due more to the fact that West has had to deal with two departures of great chefs. It is now up to the new chef to put his touches on the food, and I am sure that within no time West will be completely solid once more in the food department. The alcohol side of the room is fantastic with a great bartender and impressive wine list all headed by a knowledgeable sommelier in Owen.

All in all, one of the best if not the best dining experiences in Vancouver. And the stress is on dining experience, as it should be for a restaurant of this caliber.