“West is best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Restaurant + Bar

West Restaurant + Bar
2881 Granville St., Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3J4, Canada (Fairview)
604-738-8938
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
West Restaurant + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 2,816 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cross street: 13th St.
Calgary
“West is best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Vancouver seafood restaurants are always solid. We ate at West and sat up at the sushi bar. What a treat watch the pros go to work. The sushi was fantastic especially the lobster sushi what a treat then they make lobster miso soup. Wow here comes the rolls and great Japanese beer to wash it down. Heaven I say I'll be back soon.

Pleasanton, California
“Vancouver Delight!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My son and I were recently in Vancouver for a few nights and were looking for a local restaurant that offered an array of local delicacies. We were very pleased we chose West as the food (local fresh halibut and local Frazier Valley duck) was truly outstanding and the presentation awesome.
Did I mention the thousands of wines to choose from? The service was great as the waiter was helpful in pairing the wine and going over the specials. Everyone we met went out of there way to ensure a remarkable birthday dinner for my son and I. Hope to go back soon for more great food,wine, and service!

North Vancouver, Canada
“Will definitely return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my first visit to West and will not be my last. After a painfully slow start (apparently there was confusion as to which server was to be ours, so we were abandoned shortly after being seated) things improved considerably. Our server was very apologetic about the confusion and was extremely attentive for the duration of the meal. The food was good - our fresh oysters were nicely presented and of excellent quality. The entrees were beautifully presented and had a perfect balance of flavours and textures.. For dessert, we had a cheese plate and were able to choose from a variety of exceptional cheeses. Also impressive was the list of ports and sherries that were offered. The cheese option is a delightful alternative for those who do not enjoy sweet desserts. If you choose to go, I definitely recommend reservations. We were there for an early seating but the restaurant filled up quickly and there were quite a few people waiting by the time we left. I definitely recommend and hope to visit West again very soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent as always & our guests raved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Visited West with our out of town guests and we were all impressed with the menu, the food and the service, We hadn't been for a couple of years and now I wished we had been sooner. A really great restaurant! I won't let months pass until my next visit.

Vancouver, Canada
“Nice evening out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It had been just over a year since I was here and I was not disappointed. The service and food continues to be excellent. again, my food allergies were taken seriously, not just by the kitchen staff, but our server made sure and reminded me not to take any food off the plates of my fellow diners. A very nice and pleasant evening out. Don't know why I waited so long to return.