“Great food, good location, good atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Sandbar Seafood Restaurant

The Sandbar Seafood Restaurant
1535 Johnston Street (Granville Island), Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3R9, Canada (Fairview)
604.669.9030
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #140 of 2,810 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: Fairview
Description: The Sandbar Seafood Restaurant is located in Granville Island beside the Public Market. Their unique patio is under the Granville Street Bridge, overlooking False Creek. Enjoy sushi from Chef Hoshi’s Sushi Bar, open all week from 5:30pm onwards. From Thursday to Sunday, the Teredo Lounge transforms into a trendy piano bar. Featuring a variety of local brew, the Sandbar is an exciting place to listen to live music, enjoy fresh tapas and meet great people.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great food, good location, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We at at the Sandbar with a group of 20 people in May 2013. The service was excellent and they had no trouble keeping up with such a large table. There is a lot of seafood offered - and the portion sizes are small to medium. I actually had the roasted chicken, garlic mashed potatos and veggies - also good. The location is under the bridge on Granville island - lots to look at while dining. We good the Aquabus from Hornsby St. to Granville island and that worked out well. I wished we had more time to explore the shops surrounding the restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

raleigh
“great view, lousy food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

on granville island. great location on the water and nice view. we ate outside on the deck which had heaters and blankets--very charming. but the food was not good. had the special pizza which was pretty bad.

Visited April 2013
Sequoia R, C at The Sandbar Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your recent feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the pizza.

We appreciate you giving us your time in communicating your experience. Certainly our objective is to keep you as a customer, and we are acting on your comments. Your feedback has been forwarded to the Sandbar management and kitchen team and one of our managers will be following up with you shortly.

Is there a contact number that one of our managers can reach you at? We would like the opportunity to right this situation and keep you as a customer.

Again, thank you for taking the time to to provide us with your comments.

Best Regards,

BC Chef of the Year 2013
BC Chinese Chef of the Year 2013
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We got to the restaurant it was alittle drizzling outside, our server sat us down at a nice table with a view of False Creek.
We order some oysters for an appetizer! They were very good! We were a party of 4, one of our party ordered the beef stir fry, my husband ordered sushi, the Nigiri was very good he said however the spicy tuna roll was alittle mushy, my cousin had the salmon, I ordered the Halibut dinner. Everyone seemed to enjoy their dinner very much, the server was great, he made us all laugh, it was a wonderful evening!
To finish our dinner we shared the Lemon Tart and the Special Chocolate dessert!
Always a great experience at The Sandbar!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Enjoyed our Easter Monday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Sandbar SeafoodRrestaurant on Granville Island, as its name implies, is heavily into seafood (see attached photos). Fortunately there are some vegetarian dishes, as well as soups and salads. We had gone on Easter Monday and brunch items were served that day. Hence I was able to snag the Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Omelette. My wife had the Sandbar Big Salad with added roast chicken. As this was a celebratory lunch we added dessert—crème Brulee and cheesecake. Delightful food all around.

In the past, when we have visited The Sandbar, my wife has had the Salmon burger and found it up to her high standards. I have generally then settled for a couple of the appetizers as I am not a fish eater. Because of my finicky eating habits we visit The Sandbar only occasionally. But if you like fish, this may be the place for you.

If you arrive early for lunch—the place opens at 11:30 am—you should be able to get seats by the window. That will give you a bit of a view of False Creek. The restaurant is located on the upper two stories of the building and there is an elevator for those with mobility issues.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Bc
“Good food, good views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Although the food was good and service was also good, I would not return here. The music was so loud everyone was shouting at each other to be heard but I couldn't hear my partner from across the table due to the excessive noise. The louder it got, the more they turned up the music. I want to have a conversation over dinner not shout to be heard. I had a back ache from leaning across the table to hear what my partner was saying. I don't know why restaurants find it necessary to crank up the music - it can only be for their enjoyment since diners are usually talking to each other. They only turned it down to a lower volume when the hockey game came on. This has completely turned me off going back there. Too bad as the food and views are really good.

• Visited April 2013