“Great place if you have lots of time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shabusen Yakiniku House

Shabusen Yakiniku House
755 Burrard Street | Unit 202, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
604-669-3883
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #923 of 2,935 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese, Barbecue, Sushi, Korean
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Chilliwack, Canada
“Great place if you have lots of time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015 NEW

We were first time diners, and here on the recommendation of others. It was our anniversary and we wanted to celebrate, and didn't mind spending the extra money. For $25 at dinner, it was AYCE from their fairly expansive menu. The meat, sushi, and sashimi were good; wouldn't waste your belly space on the tempura, especially the yam/squash. They were a little bit soft and stodgy. Other than that, we had a good time and will return next time we are in the city. Be prepared to wait quite a while to be seated, even if there is no one ahead of you.

• Visited March 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“All you think you can eat...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

All you can eat Sushi + KBBQ! (All you think you can eat...)

PROS:

Quantity: They offer a different variety of dishes: appetizers, fried rice, soup, bbq, sushi, tempura, fried chicken, tofu, salad, etc. My friends and I pretty much ordered a little bit of everything.

Food: Since this is not a typical KBBQ joint, there are less variety of meat on the lunch menu (not too sure about the dinner menu). There were BBQ chicken, beef, pork chops and spicy pork. Kim chi was good. All the meat were marinated and seasoned very nicely. The fried tofu was very light and not too oily. The fried chicken is very crispy. The salmon and tuna sashimi were pretty fresh.

Ambiance: Cute but a little tacky. We were seated in a boat-shaped table towards the back of the restaurant. I thought that was cute but we all had to take off our shoes to get in.

Price: $20 for all you can eat. If you like meat and sushi then it's worth it. Since it is an all you can eat establishment, it's more focused on quantity than quality. I can chow down so i got my moneys worth.

CONS:

Service: Since we arrived an hour before lunch was over, we were told that we can only order once. That was difficult because it was our first time there and we didn't know how big the portion sizes were. The service was seemed a little rushed and they missed a few items we ordered. They eventually brought out everything after having to remind them.

TIPS: Street parking. Come early if you have a big group.

I would come back!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Extremely Expensive for a Vegetarian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

Dining in a group, I don't always have an option of where we eat. I always manage to find something every place we dine. Most offerings were fine but nothing really exciting. Sadly I had to pay the same dinner price as everyone who ate the meat & seafood. Definitely not worth the price for me.

I was extremely glad that I didn't use the washroom before my meal because if I had, I would have left immediately. We were at the 1st seating & were there for about 45 minutes...I can't imagine that the they became that filthy within 45 minutes. Truly disgusting!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo, Canada
“Not super impressed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

We always make it a point to stop at Shabusen when we are visiting the mainland. I was a little underwhelmed this time. The BBQ was good, though I've never seen lamb chops sliced that thin before... We tried a bit of everything and nothing stood out. The spicy tuna roll was especially unappealing and my husband and I argued over who had to finish the rolls so that we didn't incur a .50 fee for leaving it on the plate. With so many fabulous sushi places in Vancouver, I think we will forgo the AYCA and try somewhere else. If you're looking for huge quantity of so-so sushi at a decent price, this is your place.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Vernon, Canada
“Skip lunch if you are going for dinner here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

I love this place. It is all you can eat sushi and Korean BBQ. It is always packed so make reservations. They do not skimp on the portions or limit the good stuff like sashimi and despite the volume of people going through here the quality still remains pretty good. The oyster motoyaki are really good. I go here almost every time I visit downtown Vancouver.

Visited January 2015