“entertaining, quaint” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shabusen Yakiniku House

Shabusen Yakiniku House
755 Burrard Street | Unit 202, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
604-669-3883
Neighborhood: Downtown
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“entertaining, quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015 NEW

I hadn't been to a bbq restaurant before. Little burners on every table where you cook various marinaded meats to your delight. Worked really well as a business lunch as the cooking exercise was a great ice breaker. Food's tasty but not exceptional, service authentic but a little chaotic at times. Seemed really authentic and unpretentious. happy.

• Visited January 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Summerville, South Carolina, United States
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

$14.50 for all you can eat in downtown Vancouver sounds like a great deal, however you get what you pay for. When we first arrived before lunch we were told there were no tables available, although there were plenty of vacant tables at the time. We agreed to sit at the bar as requested. While some people brought us food we aren't certain if we actually had a server or not. It was simply the worst service we have ever had in a restaurant and had all the warmth of eating in a prison cafeteria. The all you can eat menu cards were on the counter and we have eaten enough Japanese food to check off enough items to make a meal, which was fortunate as we never had a server introduce themselves, ask if we even wanted the AYCE or explain anything. We thought we were supposed to hand them to the chefs on the other side of the counter but they just shook their heads. My husband went on a search for a server to give the card to. Neither the forms nor the menu have any explanation of the menu items. Someone new to Japanese or Korean food probably wouldn't have any idea what to order other than the rice. Even though I've had Japanese food before there were some items I wasn't familiar with and would have liked an explanation of. Also the Korean bbq option was confusing. On the menu it said it was available at lunch during the week, but on the menu card it said it was only available on weekends. I love Korean bbq but given the state of the grills wouldn't have selected it as an option. My husband asked for a Coca-Cola and after waiting 10-15 minutes asked again, so they brought him 2! Just one in a timely fashion would have been great. The servers that brought the food and removed the dishes were quite brusk and didn't wait to notice to see if we had acknowledged them or not. A couple of times I was knocked on the arm while they were removing dishes. The food is at best meh. Everything was extremely bland. The best thing I can say about our restaurant experience is that from start to finish it only took about 30 minutes and so far our stomachs feel fine. I think this was the first time in my life that I have not left a tip.

• Visited December 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

Went to lunch with friends and the location is great for shopping. The korean bbq was delicious but if you are a lover of sushi...this is not the place. The fish was not fresh. We could not eat the tuna.

Saskatoon
“Always my go to AYCE Sushi and Korean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

I can't tell you how nice it is to come back to this restaurant every time I am in Vancouver and get great food at a reasonable price. I am land locked and the sushi here is ... well... pretty much sad. I am always impressed by the service and the quality of the fish and the bbq is the icing on the cake!

Visited September 2014
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“All you can eat for CAD14”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

This restaurant is simple and fits well if you don't care about some details, like the presentation, the noise and the smoke that grabs your hair and your cloths. For CAD $14, one can eat everything you want, taking care about the waste. If you $2, it gives you the right for corean BBQ that is meat, pork or chicken. I found the meat sweet and I didn't like too much the portion of fat in it. Some peaces are big and its hard to eat with the sticks. Nevertheless, prices are good and food reasonable. I guess its worth on going and seeing with your own eyes.

• Visited November 2014