“In-Table Grilling!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shabusen Yakiniku House

Shabusen Yakiniku House
755 Burrard Street | Unit 202, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
604-669-3883
Neighborhood: Downtown
Seattle, Washington
“In-Table Grilling!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We went and had the all you can eat lunch. My wife originally was going to have just a BBQ platter and a spicy tuna roll but the waiter proved out that she could get both for $4 cheaper doing the all you can eat.

I have never been to a place with a grill in-table where you can cook meat to perfection and have it hot off the grill to your plate. Really fun there! The spicy pork was by far our favorite.

I got some pretty large chunks of sashimi which I can't complain about because of quantity but not the fanciest knife work. Sashimi is limited to 8 pcs per person. If you order nigiri and just peel the fish off you can get charged 0.50 cents a piece for the rice. Sushi and such is limited to tuna and salmon pretty much. I don't really count egg, tofu skin, and shrimp in the nigiri line-up personally.

Remember that you will be charged for food you order but cannot eat!

The food was good not outstanding but the experience and style was quite fun!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Worst restaurant I have ever been to.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Well, where to start. From the moment we arrived we were it was made quite clear from many of the staff they were less than happy to see us. Almost as if they were doing us a favour. Unfortunately for us we were being waited on by one of the most dislikeable people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting, named Alan. When we asked him where do we order drinks he replied "with me". We were not offered anything the whole time we were sat at our table and would always have to flag down Alan, each time seemed to annoy him (not like it is his job). He then came back and dumped several white slips on our table and some pens. No explanation of how the over complicated system worked. Once we eventually got one of the nicer younger waitors called Henry to explain the system we managed to order some of the Korean BBQ. The BBQ was no better than trying to cook meat over a match and the raw chicken and beef both came out in the same bowl...Delicious. I will never come back again. Even the rice seemed like it had been cooked for weeks and the Teriyaki beef was just a bowl of fat in sauce. To sum up this is the worst restaurant I have ever been to. Not expensive, but having tested it I would now say you would have to pay me to eat here again. Food not worthy for a dog.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Go for the good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were in Vancouver for a week from the Southwest and longing for sashimi. A local told us about Shabusen and we found it an adventure for lunch. Maybe we wouldn't have been as tolerant for dinner. We weren't politely greeted when we arrived but it didn't offend us and we found the food excellent and the service efficient. We were surprised at how quickly our server took our next order and kept the food coming at a brisk pace. The price was pretty amazing for the quality of the food. When we visited, there were very few tourists - it appears to be a place frequented primarily by locals. We are visiting Vancouver again in a few weeks and Shabusen will definitely be on our list but maybe not for dinner as we have different expectations for dinner (good ambiance and friendly service).

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Posted Hours of Operation are False”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The restaurant advertises online and storefront that they are open until 1030 pm everyday. I arrived at 1005 with my friends and was told the kitchen was closed. When I asked about the advertised hours the staff said too bad. The place was empty so it could not have been that good any way. Give this one a miss for the lousy staff!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“great for food, service lacks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We only come here for the great Sashimi and BBQ, the food is great and delicious for all you can eat. So that is why I give them a good rating, the freshness and price is unbeatable.

Yes, service lacks everywhere. They are not helpful or friendly and they only come back after you basically grab them to take the second order. You can also sit there for 20min after ordering and not getting anything!? You also don't always get what you ordered, there is always stuff missing. I am not sure why it is so hard to punch in the correct order into the system? By the way, the service is slow at all times of the day, we tried 11am lunch (only 3 tables full), 1pm lunch with the place packed and evenings. I guess, that is what it is.

We will still be back, but I hope they improve service, it is really a pain.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere