“Chinese owned Sushi and Korean BBQ restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shabusen Yakiniku House

Shabusen Yakiniku House
755 Burrard Street | Unit 202, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
604-669-3883
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #731 of 2,809 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Sushi, Barbecue, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
Neighborhood: Downtown
San Diego, California
“Chinese owned Sushi and Korean BBQ restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

FYI - this restaurant appears to be a chinese owned restaurant. I thought it was going to be korean owned. I am sharing this info because it may matter to somebody. I was seated at the bar. I always try a Chirashi don at a new restaurant if they have one. Their Chirashi don was not bad. It had lots of pieces of fish, eggs, octopus, etc. I was enjoying my food and asked the sushi chef to give me more pickled gingers. When I sit at the sushi bars, I ask sushi chefs for picked gingers all the time and they give it to me right away. It was different this time. He heard me and he said something in Chinse to his other chef. He was putting the rice away and his hands were all sticky so I thought he was going to give it to me later when he is able. He started to make sushi and seemed he forgot about my request. Maybe he didn't understand English.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Paris, France
“excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Shabusen Yakiniku House on Burrard Street is a very good place to go with friends and enjoy coreen barbecue, japonese food and seafood.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brantford, Canada
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner at Shabusen! The staff were all very kind and accommodating! We had difficulty finding an all-you-can-eat Sushi place in Vancouver and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the sushi. Huge pieces of Sashimi! The KBBQ was a fun twist. Overall great place!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“post 21k run west coast style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

After running a 21k in the pouring rain the thought of cooking my dinner korean bbq style was enough to make me & my son cry who ran on the Seawall & False Creek with me.
But while we were bbq we had sushi & other items. So over all it turned out to be great choice to eat. The food hit the spot and both my son & I enjoyed the delicious meal.

• Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Very good Japanese all you and eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Been visiting Shabusen at least a couple of times each year for the last twelve years. I like coming here for lunch for the all you can eat and if I visit on the weekends, the Korean BBQ as well. I like variety and the quality is fairly good. Recommended, and I do repeat but only every once in a while.

• Visited December 2012