“the slowest service but good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Davie Street
Vancouver Island, Canada
“the slowest service but good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

i went on a Wednesday night on in May. The weather was beautiful and the windows were opened to a beautiful view of English Bay. There was a problem of parking but after going around the block twice, I got a place a a meter which had a maximum of 2 hours limit.
We had the 7 course groupon menu. After 20 mins all we got was 3 pieces of bread between he 2 of us which was an odd amount. It took 25 mins to get the first course. Hungry people be warned because the portions are miniature. The taste was good but I'm not sure about some of it becuase it was so small that it was hard to taste it properly. The service was so slow. It took at least 25 mins between each course. I mentioned to the waiter after the 3rd course that I was parked at a 2 hour parking space he said I would be finished in time but he would ask to hurry it along. after 2 hours we were not finished so I had to get up to move the car which I did not appreciate. Who wants to get up and walk down the street and move the car which could entail driving around for awhile to find a different space in the middle of dinner.
I would go again becuase the trout and pasta was delicious. Service was soooo slow. Took 2 1/2 hours after telling them to rush. I just wanted to leave cause my butt was hurting after sitting so long. Not sure where to park for next time.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We went to the Raincity Grill on high recommendation and were disappointed. The service was slow despite there being few patrons. The hot meals were barely warm. Crab was unavailable leaving no seafood choices. On the up-side, the roasted potatoes were as good as we`ve had!

Visited May 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Delightful food, ambience, service, and price. Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stumbled upon this location, and it was excellent on every measure. The location was very pleasant and we had a nice window view of the street and the bay. Perhaps what surprised us most was the high quality of the food. We didn't have too much, but what we eat was excellent. There was, for example, a delicious Apple done perfectly, just as a little side dish. The service was exactly what you would want, with experienced servers. The wine list has some interesting choices (not all of them wildly expensive), and there was good advice about what to choose. This is a nice find that is definitely worth seeking out if you are staying at a hotel nearby, and possibly worth making a specific trip for. The other pleasure was the very reasonable pricing of the meal

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Glad to have bought this Groupon Coupon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Had a wonderful dinner! Service was great and fast. Came in for Groupon Coupon.(I seldom have a great buy with Groupon.) From wine pairing Suggestions to Food presentation to the Taste of Food It was excellent plus a great service. We had a wonderful time. Higly recommend their Tasting Menu with Wine pairings. Will come back soon.

Visited January 2014
West Vancouver, Canada
“Glad to be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I've been to the Raincity Grill a couple of times over the years and I'm not sure why I haven't been going more frequently. We were reintroduced to it through a Groupon offer and it was great.... A multiple- course meal that was truly excellent. Service was also really good and I would highly recommend it. The decor is a bit dated but the food is absolutely worth the trip. Note that you pay for the quality-- it was more expensive than I remember or expected.