“Owing me 50$ since 2011” 1 of 5 stars

(604) 685-7337
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Raincity Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #436 of 2,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Davie Street
“Owing me 50$ since 2011”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Food is good. Very good. We have sent many customers from abroad. But the way Raincity Grill treats its customers could be more respectful.
Raincity Grill has being owing me 50$ for more than 2 years after a database problem prevented them from honouring gift certificates back in 2011. They took my gift certificate, promised me they would fix the problem and that my visa account would be adjusted in the following week, but it never was. I've tried to call them many times and I wrote many emails. Even got a promise from manager Terry that a cheque would be sent to my home address...that was a year ago. Last July, I went in person, left my contact info to a server (it's very difficult to meet with a manager) but no one ever responded to me. Lately, another manager - Marc - said it would get fixed but I never heard back from him
As much as I like the food at Raincity Grill, the way they treat their customers is starting to leave a horrible taste in my mouth....
It's only 50$...I don't believe they want to tarnish their reputation for such a little amount....Still, the people who offered me the gist certificate don't need their money wasted. Nor does mine.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“Not as good as it has been”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The appetizers were very good however the duck entree was the worst I've ever had- grey flesh that was tough and very fatty-just a horrible dish. When the plates were collected not one comment from the waitress-despite the dish being almost as full as when it arrived at the table.
The dessert was ridiculous- it was trying too hard to be clever and did nothing for the guest- a deconstructed cheesecake lacked any punch in the sauces to make up for having to chase the crumbs around the plate.
The service was very disinterested and slow. The drinks that were ordered never arrived, extra coffees did not arrive-only the bill earlier than we wanted as we were going to stay on for coffee and liqueurs.
We were looking forward to this visit after our last time but will try elsewhere next time we are in town.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The food was tops. Many choices, wonderful experience. we walked a ways to get there and were not disappointed. The reviews stated it was excellent and we agree..

Visited September 2013
Richmond, Canada
“Go For The Tasting Menus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This used to be one of my favorite restaurants but it seems to have slipped as of late. The food is still very good and the tasting menus with paired wines are the highlight but the food quality is less consistent and for the premium price there are better more consistent options in town. Went tonight with the family. The new 48hr short ribs are really nice, the duck was weak - really disappointing. The desert over priced for what it was but tasty.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Didn't like the deconstructed dessert”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My family and I tried this restaurant for the first time last week. Regrettably, I don't think I'll bother to go back. When we arrived there, my sister-in-law was taken aback by the lack of ambiance. She had made the reservation and I think she expected something that looked a lot more upscale. It is pretty casual despite what shows in the photos on the website.

We were seated and had an enthusiastic server who was new to the restaurant. Nice service throughout the meal. On the other hand, the food was hit and miss. I had the butternut squash soup which was very nice, although the smear of carrot puree on the edge of the bowl seemed odd. It tasted good, but looked like either a mistake or a hasty afterthought. My main course was okay, but nothing great.

I asked the server for a recommendation on dessert. She told me that the cheesecake was very deconstructed and that the chocolate something was less deconstructed. So I ordered that. When it came, I thought she had a plate she had removed from someone else's table, but no that was my dessert. I told her that it didn't look very nice. She urged me to try it so I did. It tasted okay, but honestly it looked like crumbs from the bottom of a bag of cookies with a tablespoon of ice cream at one edge. It was on a huge plate and took up about 5% of the plate. I guess I am not sophisticated enough to appreciate the deconstructed dessert, but the server said that she agreed with me and that I was not the first guest to mention it to her. I like food to look appealing and please the eye as well as the palate. I didn't get that eye appeal with any item I ordered. I guess my palate and I will go elsewhere to find some "constructed" food items. You missed on this one Raincity Grill!

• Visited December 2013