“ok food but unfriendly staff” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,766 of 2,804 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Vancouver, Canada
“ok food but unfriendly staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went a couple times as this is the nearest Viet restaurant from my work place. The menu has quite a bit of variety compare to other restaurant, the food is ok, nothing to rave about. But the most unforgettable thing is the staff. The first time I went, it was like going to a food court, except not having to take my food to my table, service is minimum. But it's lunch time and it's a low end restaurant, so I am ok with that. You get what you paid for. Second time I went, after I sat down, the waiter picked up 2 menus from next table, without saying anything, just drop them on our table and walked off. When the table next to us was ready to order, we signalled him to come by to take our order too. He just stood next to our table, gave us the annoyed stare as if we were detaining him for no good reasons. After he took our numbers, he just walked off without saying anything thru out the ordering process. I think we probably get better services in a food court than this place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

38% Recommend
“Horrible service !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Our menu was thrown at us and when I made a mistake in picking the right number she practically yelled at me and tapped the menu several times as to what number I wanted. One tap would have sufficed. When asking a question she rudely said "what?!" My spring roll was deep fried beyond recognition and had no flavor. Will never go there again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Alicante, Spain
“My Most Favourite Restaurant in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife and I discovered Pho Thai Hoa about 4 years ago and have been coming ever since. We have had just about everything on their menu and we have never been disapointed and I bring my clients here for lunch. Their pho is 2nd to none and the secret to any pho is the broth and this one is one of the best, as are all their dishes.
I have had clients come up from the US and taken them here for lunch and now everytime they arrive its a trip here for lunch. Recently they have added Vietnamese Sub sandwiches.......OMG to die for some of the best in the city.
Whenever you come to my Vancouver and if you want to try some of the best Vietnamese food please visit Pho Thai Hoa.............. I will see you there.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Vietnamese soup restaurant in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011 via mobile

Phoa Thai Hoa has the best Vietnamese food in Vancouver. The restaurant is usually clean. Definitey the best Pho and freshest in Vancouver. If I want Vietnamese this is the only restaurant I go to.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best pho on Kingsway, possibly in Vancouver.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Great place, good value, the Pho is good but also try the Bo Ko beef stew with rice noodles, or the high-test viet coffee.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere