“Pricey, but worth it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mosaic Bar & Grille

Mosaic Bar & Grille
655 Burrard Street | Hyatt Regency Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2R7, Canada (Downtown)
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mosaic Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #403 of 2,809 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Georgia Street
Transit: Our restaurant is conveniently located across the street from the Burrard Skytrain Station. Located at Burrard and Georgia Street, there are several different transit routes to get to our location.
Vancouver, Canada
“Pricey, but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I had breakfast and dinner at Mosaic while I was staying in Vancouver on business.

Breakfast has a good selection, with ethically sourced items, and they gave me gluten free toast at no extra charge when I did my usual "I'm gluten free" disclosure to the server.

For dinner, there's a fantastic array of pre-selected meals and appetizers, and you can choose your own meal from a selection of sustainably-produced protein, veggies, and starch with sauce. Definitely well worth the visit!

Visited March 2014

Kootenay National Park, Canada
“Great Salad and Great Martini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently stopped over in Vancouver and met a friend in the Mosaic Bar for a few hours. I just wanted to share that their Cobb Salad was just delicious. While they have a good range of 'fancy' martinis, I opted for a traditional gin martini on the rocks. My, my... that was delicious, too!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Dinner with coupon from entertainment book”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Worth 23$ had dinner. Ordered app,
-King crab, small legs, semi disappointed on the size of legs for 14$, 3-4 large piece of leg would of been better than 6-7 pinky sized, looked like the end pieces...
- scotch bonnet egg salad.12$ It was good, i had a sample of it as it wasn't my appy.
Main course
- lamb - i created my own menu. lamb 4 oz 24$ Celery root, root veg n onion jam it was good. Very tender lamb..
- beef tenderloin - 22$ not my dish but it looked good.
They served us seasalt biscuit that probably made us full.
Portion looked small when it came, but by the end we were stuffed.... Service was great and in my opinion was good too. I would go back for sure if i had coupon...

Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“!!! Best Breakfast in Vancouver !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is part of our trip to Hyatt Regency Vancouver . I would like to Thank Brandi, Manager Cathy and the Friendly staff at Mosaic Grill for providing such an amazing experience. The hospitality of staff and the quality of food are just top notch. There are two ways to experience the Breakfast at Mosaic Grille - The breakfast buffet which is $26 per person, gets you juice, coffee/tea, and pretty much all of the favorite breakfast items that you could possibly want. The other is ordering from the Breakfast menu which we were able to experience as well, thanks to Cathy, who not only told us we can go eat our breakfast (even though the buffet is being closed) but provided the Breakfast for both of us on the house :-) Its people like her and service and quality Hyatt offers to its guest which keeps us wanting to stay at Hyatt Only properties around the world.

We love the setup here, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast with a nice view from the window. You can taste the difference, the Fresh Quality and Taste was just mind blowing. We loved it so much, we cant wait to go back and enjoy more ... There’s a station for bagels & smoked salmon ( This was properly cooked, so the fish actually had a cooked fish texture ). I started my first plate with fresh made to order Vegetarian Omelet ( Samia loved it so much she went for seconds) !!! While the menu isn’t super extensive, the quality of the food is top notch. The smoked salmon was so fresh and so much better than many other places I have tried.

The conclusion is no matter which part of the Breakfast ( Buffet or Regular ) you try you will find the quality of food and taste is superb on both sides. I recommend even if your not staying at Hyatt, Go to Mosaic Grill to experience the Amazing Breakfast.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Pol de Mar, Spain
“More a hotel cafe than a bar & grille”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The restaurant is attractively decorated on the second floor of the Hyatt, after a clumsily placed escalator. We had a beautiful view including the north shore mountains and Burrard Inlet.

We started our meal with what I believe are a baking powder biscuit, perhaps smoked? Interesting idea, but not worthy of a second. For a "taster" we shared a calamari- thick on the breading, thin on the squid but a generous portion. Quite filling.

For my "entrée" (Canada's French influence succumbs to mean the main dish here) I had the local Ahi Tuna, seared in a sandwich. The tuna lacked inspiration, the bread certainly didn't provide it and an opportunity was missed. Nothing about the dish came to life.

My guest ordered the Cobb Salad- a generous portion made with good ingredients. The chicken wasn't fresh and tender, the lettuce standard, the blue cheese beautiful.

Service was efficient and friendly. Perhaps this restaurant is best as a hotel cafe, ideal for late arrivals?

• Visited February 2014