“Brunch time: Sunday” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Monk McQueens - CLOSED

Monk McQueens
601 Stamps Landing, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 3Z1, Canada (Fairview)
604-877-1351
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fairview
Cross street: W 6th Ave & Moberly
Transit: The #50 False Creek will bring you to Moberly Road. Monks is a 5 minute walk along Moberly north towards the water. The NEW 84 VCC/UBC line also meets the stop on Moberly! NEW SKYTRAIN STATION - We are in walking distance to the new canada line Olympic station.
Vancouver, Canada
“Brunch time: Sunday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

What an variety! This has got to be one of the best buffets in town. The view looking out to false creek, the variety of Japanese to traditional breakfast...look out again at the skyline...Granville Island...free valet parking...easy...go! Not sure about dinners but brunch great

Visited September 2012

Canada
“Really beautiful view and delicious brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

First time going here the wait staff were not that friendly and manager seemed to "watch" people but the view is worth it and the food is delicious and such a huge varied choice in the buffet for 18.95$ really worth it for brunch .

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Very average place in opinion... over rated if you ask me.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am writing this review in hopes that others will take a few moments to read this and make their decision afterwards.

My girlfriend and I went in there for dinner last night.
I ordered a soda drink and it came to the table to which it was awful. Definitely wasn't carbonated very well as she said it was spray tap soda... definitely problems with their spray nosels and taps mixing properly. She was nice enough though and didn't charge me for it and offered her suggestion on having a Dad's rootbeer instead.

I ordered the fish and chips and my girlfriend ordered the salmon and chips. When our food arrived to the table, she had a grilled salmon with mashed potatoes and some salad fixings on it. The most disappointing part is the restaurant was maybe 10% full... so how do you screw up the order? I then had to eat while she waited until the food that she ordered arrive... (which was fast and didn't take long, nice to see).

When we were finished, it took a bit for the server to come around and take the plates away and or ask if we would like for anything else or if we would like the check etc.

We used a coupon from the entertainment booklet which is why we came here. I think the price we paid of $30.00 dollars for two people is exactly what this place is worth for dinner. If we didn't have the coupon from the entertainment booklet it would have been closer to 55.00-60.00 mark which is definitely not good value for what you receive at this place.

Recommendation, if you have a coupon, go here... if you don't then spend your money elsewhere most definitely.

Thanks for reviewing.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Good brunch with an amazing view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went for brunch at Monks and we sat on the patio right by the fireplace and it was really lovely! The brunch was good but what was really amazing was sitting on the patio watching the boats go by and the occasional seal bobbing in the water while eating your eggs benedict. I would definitely recommend going for brunch on the Monks patio on a nice Vancouver day,

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coquitlam, Canada
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The view is stunning but that's about all it has going for it. Been here a couple of times and have been disappointed every time. Last time I was there, I had the salmon and it was horribly overcooked and cold. The vegetables were blend and the rice....was...well...just rice. If I feel like choking back terrible food, I would eat at home.

Save your money....there are many other great restaurants in Vancouver worth spending your hard earned money.

• Visited July 2012