“Best French restaurant in Vancouver” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Vancouver, Canada
“Best French restaurant in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you are missing french food while in Vancouver, you can go to this restaurant as it is located in central downtown Vancouver. The food is outstanding, but very pricey. If you love Duck confit, roasted rack of lamb or beef tenderloin with pommes frites, this is the place to go. The dessert is also outstanding as well, specially the Grand Marnier Souffle if they have it available on that day.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Prince George, Canada
“Love French Cuisine..but its Pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you like French food this is the place for you! The food was delicious and the service was great. The only down fall of this place was it was quite loud and VERY expensive...but the food did make up for it. If you decide to try Le Crocodile..bring lots of money.

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Exceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

One of, if not the, best dining experience my wife and I have ever had.

Service was like watching poetry in motion, and *every* single piece of food that we ate was exceptional. It was wonderful.

Noise level was a touch on the loud side, but the service and food made up for it.

Eating here will cost you $$$$, but as a special occasion it's more than worth it!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saskatchewan, Canada
“OMG the food was wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My daughter and I were planning a visit to Vancouver so I had done a bit of investigation into restaurants for a nice dinner. I made a reservation online at Le Crocodile. It turned out to be only a few blocks to from our hotel, so we were able to walk to the restaurant. There was an option of ourdoor seating but we chose to eat indoors. The restaurant is quite small and intimate. We were greeted warmly upon arrival, seated promptly and our waiter was attentive without being intrusive. We started with the pastry wrapped escargot for a starter. I had the veal medallions which were delectable... (the sauce on the veal was so good I would have liked to eat it with a spoon.) My daughter had a seafood fetuccine which she enjoyed very much. (The one negative was that the lobster claw meat on her pasta was served with the 'cartilage' still inside, which made it impossible to cut, so difficult to eat.) We topped the meal off with desert - creme caramel for me and a chocolate mousse for my daughter. The deserts were likely the only somewhat disappointing part of the meal. I am a lover of Creme Caramel, and this was nice but not the best I have had.
However, overall we had a lovely evening, and would recommend Le Crocodile.

Visited June 2013
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent tasting menu at Le Crocodile; the service was polite, friendly, and just right, the food was very good, and the wine matched the courses well. I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited May 2013