“they know their wine” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Victoria, Canada
“they know their wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

When I eat at Le Crocodile I always let the staff choose my wine. I have found that I learn more that way about what wine goes well with what food and why. Who knew that a sweet Sauternes is the best compliment to fois gras? I do NOW.
The staff is extremely knowledgeable and as one of my colleagues put it "are more like partners in the experience than simply waiters".

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Jakarta, Indonesia
“OMG...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I can't even begin to describe the great quality of food serve in this restaurant.. just imagine, we were a party of 7, each ordered different appetizers and Main Courses... Everything was FANTASTIC... I know because I tried everything... Trust me..!! Don't forget to make reservation, or you wouldn't get a table,. They are always full..

Visited April 2013
“Great for lasting impressions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I visit the Vancouver area annually and spend a few days dining with clients. Le Crocodile is my favorite location in downtown and is an excellent place for a lasting impression. The noise level can get a little energetic near the bar area but the food is tremendous. I had the caribou which was a special the night I was last there. It was wonderfully prepared. My customers had the Chilean Sea Bass which also looked perfectly cooked. I can't wait until my next visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Park City, Utah
“Truly amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We both had the chef's tasting menu with the matching wine pairings. I have to say they without question, this was the most astounding meal we have ever had at a restaurant. The tasting portions were more than adequate , but the quality and presentation were exceptional. The staff was extremely attentive. In fact, we remarked early on that any passing server was more than happy to clear our plates or refill glasses. (Not neccesarily our server). This is very indicative of a well trained staff. Our meal consisted of white asparagus cream soup, foie gras (paired with a sweet Sauternes- unusual, but very good!) a chunk of fresh pan fried halibut, them the main course of lamb chops and duck breast, followed by a ball of coconut sorbet, then the dessert of cocoa pot de creme and a profiteroles type of pastry with chocolate. It was all so good! We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver
“Delicious lunch and very good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went for a special occasion lunch and we were impressed. We enjoyed everything that we ordered and the servers were attentive and pleasant. Also, we appreciated the little extras from the kitchen. The food was very well-prepared and beautifully plated. We will most definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere