“Never disapoints” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Victoria, Canada
“Never disapoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I went to Le Croc again recently on very short notice and with very little time to eat. They accomodated me gracefully even though they were very busy, and as usual the food was excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, Canada
“Simply Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I took my girlfriend here last night after seeing the reviews on TripAdvisor and the fact that it is ranked #1. The food is beyond great and service is top notch. Yes it is very close to Burrard but it is one of those locations that if you are not looking for it, you won't know it is there.

Between the two of us, we had ordered the crab cake, veal chop and lobster bisque. The chief surprised us with two complementary items of smoked duck tart and a sorbet. I was particularly impressed with the tart. I was thinking "what if i don't ever have this taste in my mouth again? Oh the Horror!" My girlfriend is not easily impressed with food but, boy, was she ever! In her words, and i agree, the greatness of the food escalates plate after plate. There was not a moment of disappointment.

I chatted with the maître d' and she told me most nights are busy and usually full house. Therefore, reservation is highly recommended.

I would definitely go back again and i highly recommend this to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu
“Overrated and Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

After reading the reviews for this well known restaurant I was so excited to give it a try! Honestly, it was, eh. Although the food was good, it was not exceptional and definitely not worth the price.
The service was immpecable and my server recommended some excellent wines.
If you are going to splurge one night in Vancouver for dinner, this is not the place, I hate to say.

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Superb: Food and Nail's Service, But . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Last Wednesday, I enjoyed an 8:30 dinner alone at Le Crocodile. Unimposing rooms, modest oil paintings on bistro coral walls, white table cloths, ample wait staff, watchful and ever present supervision, and every table visible from my perch occupied. Specials included the sable fish pictured below, with shrimp tempura, silky sauce and cherry tomatoes, done to perfection. As though those tastes weren't enough to delight, Le Croc adds stick thin fries as a signature you won't forget. The food was delivered by as professional a waiter as you will ever meet, Nail (pronounced Nile), who took as much care to my needs as any server I've ever encountered.

But the noise was overwhelming. I was lucky. I only had me to talk to, but one was hard pressed to hear yourself think. I could hear Nail, but barely, and I think those around me had to shout to overcome the sounds coming from other tables. What a distraction from an otherwise great restaurant. I had other minor complaints, like a five and dime bread basket and wines that weren't the match for a genius in the kitchen, but it's hard to get past that din when you dine.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Consistently excellent for 20+ years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Yep been going there for all this time. Great for business lunch , dinner for special occasions and just because. Food is of high quality, very well prepared. Staff is very attentive. The French atmosphere permeates the place. Crown jewel in a city that has many great restaurants.

• Visited September 2012