“Excellent service and food, lots of special features” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent service and food, lots of special features”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was impressive that the server remembered their 7 features that night. Our food was delicious. The service was excellent. I don't remember having to ask for anything, their servers were that attentive. Will definitely go back.

Visited September 2012

88% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“incompetent service and response”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a big celebration as as is our family's tradition we went to Le Crocodile. The food and wine was good as always. Unfortunately the service was incompetent. Starting with a long hair on the white table cloth followed by the waitress asking the youngest person first for her menu choice and a constant reaching across one person to serve one seating farther away instead of walking around.
We could not believe it and were deeply disappointed in the service as well as in the response of management as we pointed out our experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“A wonderful farewell dinner to our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had taken a long around the world trip, finishing in Vancouver before that long flight back to Sydney. So we wanted a lovely last night memory. TA recommended this restaurant and we could walk from our hotel, so we booked.
Lovely greeting and seating. Attentive staff offered menus and drink options on arrival but didn't push us. The ambience was plush and with subdued lighting. Felt lush and cocooned.
We ordered a la carte and I had the trio of salmon three ways (the candied salmon was new to me) tournedos Rossini (wow, an oldie but goodie) and a souffle for dessert which was so well executed.
Now, my steak, ordered medium rare was actually medium/well, so a little pink and very tender, but not as ordered. I mentioned this but declined to have a recook as it would have upset the balance of eating with my partner, and the meat was good. Towards the end of my meal they bought a mini version, cooked perfectly, with the suggestion I should have at least a part of my meal as I really enjoyed it. Wonderful!
And the foie gras terrine slice on top was a delicious and melting (literally) slice of pressed foie
Loved the service, the food and the ambience.
Unreservedly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Lunch at Le Crocodile with VanFoodBloggers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Lunch at Le Crocodile was everything that is fine dining. From the starched snowy white linens, the sparkling silver, the carefully thought out flower arrangement to the comfortable banquet seating - all hallmarks of fine dinning. We were enveloped in comfort. Chef Jacob surprised us with an amuse buche - a dainty tart of egg custard that was so light it quivered. I arranged a special starter of the tomato & gin soup with the very famous onion tart so my foodie friends could sample these while having room for an entree. I had the Kussi oyster and mignonette sauce and was delighted with these locally reared oysters. It was a relaxing three hours of great food and service. At the end of the lunch we were treated to the signature white and dark chocolate crocodiles - this after sampling the many fine desserts.

• Visited April 2012
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“One of Vancouvers Best Secrets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Impeccable food, impressive service and wonderful atmosphere!! I look forward to every chance I get to come here, little mini french escape!!

• Visited June 2012