“Best food outside Europe” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Best food outside Europe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I have been a big fan of Le Crocodile for a few years now, but since it has been operating for more than 20, I cannot say I am an Alumnus, although I would love to be able to say that.
The food is incredible. There is not one dish that is not done to an excellent standard of taste, presentation, and gracious service. They are one of the few restaurants with the skill and knowledge to serve Steak Tartare and theirs is the best I have eaten anywhere. Their duck liver terrine is to die for and they not only understand but appreciate when one simply cannot help but abandon knife and fork to get the final bit of flavor from the local spot prawns with fingers and lips. !

• Visited September 2011

Vancouver
“it's truly the best restaraunt in Vancouver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Service, exceptional and food is mouth watering! I can't say anything bad about anything really. Now that I know that there's one in Paris, I'll certainly have to try it when we go back!

• Visited August 2011
BC
“#1 in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This place never fails to impress. Don't look at prices and ignore the calories. From frits to foie gras everything is fantastic and the sauces are sublime. Try something you can't pronounce, explore, you won't regret it.

• Visited November 2010
Clinton, Washington
“Incredible French Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Each time I visit "The Crock" I'm in heaven. We ate there two nights in a row in late July. The second night chef prepared a special mushroom mousse for our appetizer. The lobster bisque is always sublime, and when then offer their wild mushroom soup you know you've reached paradise. It's a place not for the budget-minded. The service is impeccable and the experience truly gourmet.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kennett Square, PA USA
“Beautiful restaurant but I felt as though we were dining in a NYC diner...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We went to Le Crocodile to celebrate a special birthday. The restaurant is beautiful inside! The food is good but not the best that I had while visiting Victoria and IMHO overpriced. My BIGGEST complaint is that I felt as though I was sitting in the middle of the hustle and bustle of a New York City diner. Too much waitstaff buzzing around, interrupting our conversation at the table, and attempting to remove an unfinished plate in order to serve another. I had reached a point where I had to literally hold onto my plate when I saw an employee come near our table!!! What should have been a relaxing, enjoyable dinner was anything but! I would NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a cozy, romantic environment. ie ~ This would not be the place to propose marriage, etc.....

• Visited August 2011