“Good time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Terrazza

La Terrazza
1088 Cambie St., Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 6J5, Canada (Downtown)
(604) 899-4449
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Terrazza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #439 of 3,035 Restaurants in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: Find us one block from the Yaletown Canada Line station.
Vancouver, Canada
“Good time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

A few weeks back I had dinner at La Terrazza with several friends of mine for a birthday. I can speak for all of us when I say we had a great time... The waitress was attentive, friendly but not invasive. She explained very well all the special and knew the answers to everything we ask, and we asked a lot about the wines (wine list is amazing)
The food was served promptly, every courses was served on time with proper drop lines every times... All the dishes we order were really tasty and seasoned to perfection...
In other words a great place to dine in!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Quality food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is not your "pop in for a quick pasta" restaurant for most and, depending on your eating style and habits, is borderline between plain expensive and special occasion dining. It was dinner with some colleagues that brought me here and while not cheap, the food and service was excellent. My dishes included the bolognese appetizer which, while small as appetizers should be, was fresh, hearty and tasty. My main course was the pan seared local duck breast and a cranberry sauce (sorry, I'm sure there is gourmet word for it) and a ricotta cheese quiche. It was truly superb. The duck was succulent, perfectly cooked and flavorsome. Dessert was a rather odd mix of strudle and cheescake. Also tasty but lacked the "wow" factor of the main course. The service was polite but excellent. Our wine and water was regulary attended to without fuss and there was always someone available should we need them. In terms of perspective, this is a classic example of a restaurant that focuses on quality rather than quantity. Of course that means it is expensive in terms of plating, but if you recognize that going in you should not be put off by the price versus amount. Would I eat here regularly? No. It is simply too formal and pricey for me to frequent. However, would I come for special occasions or to have a quality dinner with friends or family? Absolutely. Oh, and while metered street parking is available in the area, they offer valet parking ($7) while the Yaletown Canada Line station is only a block away.

“Friends night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I came with 6 of my friend for dinner, we had a great night. The server was friendly and knowledgable on the menu and select for us a very good wine for only $45. The food was amazing. We will go back for sure!!

Vancouver, Canada
“Incredible Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ill start off by saying that the decor and interior of this restaurant is probably the nicest i have seen in vancouver. Tall ceilings, nice music, a very elegant rustic italian look. Now onto the food. The food here is amazing. every dish is extremely well composed and all of the flavours are wonderful. They have an amazing wine list (largest in canada) so if you are a wine connoisseur, this place is a must. They have other great drinks as well. I cant speak highly enough of this restaurant really. the service is impeccable and the food stands for itself. If you just feel like a snack, then go there for the phyllo wrapped cheesecake, amazing.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Completely Overpriced!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went to this place with my boyfriend after my boss recommended it serve great authentic pasta. To start the night the server told us about the 2 appetizers for the night. We decided to go for the baguette covered in mascarpone cheese and some thinly sliced prosciutto on top. Sounded really good! We were quite disappointed when they got to the table as they only gave us two pieces and they were each smaller then a ladyfinger. Ridiculously enough each piece cost us $12. For the main course we both decided to have the Strozzapreti Alla Bolognese which had tenderloin in a spicy bolognese sauce. Once again we were quite disappointed. The portion was ridiculously small for $25 dollars a plate and it was more salty than spicy. I had a really hard time finishing it even though it took me less then 5 minutes since it was more like a sample size. My boyfriend thought we would give it one more shot and ask for desert since they all sounded so delicious. We went for the lava cake with vanilla gelatto. Out of everything it was ok , nothing special and once again the portion was small. In the end we were still hungry and quite disappointed since the bill came to around $ 100 and we had to go home and cook. We will never ever go back to this place. Overall we paid to sit in a nice place and not for the quality of the food.

• 2 of 5 stars Food