“A little of spain in Vancouver” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Bodega Restaurante and Tapa Bar - CLOSED

La Bodega Restaurante and Tapa Bar
1277 Howe Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1R3, Canada (Downtown)
(604)684-8814
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Oz in Yorks
“A little of spain in Vancouver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Visiting from the UK, by chance we found this lovely little Tapas bar away from the centre of Vancouver,
There was a lovely smiley welcome. The food arrived quickly and was plentiful and the service was excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Michigan
“Unpretentious tapas bar in downtown Vancouver.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

La Bodega feels like a cozy neighborhood restaurant. Tables with red-checkered cloths are scattered in a number of small rooms. My review is limited to the small number of items that I tried. The sangria was tasty and loaded with fruit. Gambas al ajillo were as good as any I've had in Spain. I also enjoyed the artichokes with vinagrette, although the sauce seemed more like a Russian dressing. Strangely, you pay extra for bread which is a necessity to sop up the sauces. Otherwise, I thought the prices were unusually low for a tapas bar. And while I didn't try it, I was pleasantly surprised that a tapas version of paella was on the menu. What a great idea. The waitress was available when needed, but not intrusive. She encouraged me to sit as long as I desired. I had a very good cup of decaf expresso to finish off the meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“First night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Visited here on our first night in Vancouver. Setrvice was fine and food OK Prices very reasonable
Good vibe on a our first Friday night in the city

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coquitlam, BC
“The keyword is taste!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Yes, The taste of each plate was great! And the ambience way better, I love the places that only thing you can do is talk and eat. No TVs interfering or loud music.
We were cellebrating a birthday and anniversary and we tryed Paella, ALmejas(clams), Conejo(Rabbit), Patatas bravas, Jamon(Ham), Carne Asada, and the most famous, Gambas al Ajillo(shrimps).
All the flavours maintained the same taste I have enjoyed when I was a kid.
A place to remember and come bcak.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Been here many times! Always a favourite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

An amazing restaurant with top quality food! The service is always impeccable, you are greeted as an amigo(a)! It's a great place for catching up with friends over a pitcher (or two) of Sangria. My other favourites from La Bodega are: Tapa Paella, Patatas Bravas, Besugo en Salsa and Costillas de Res. Happy Dining!

• Visited September 2012