“Unpretentious tapas bar in downtown Vancouver.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Bodega Restaurante and Tapa Bar

La Bodega Restaurante and Tapa Bar
1277 Howe Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1R3, Canada (Downtown)
(604)684-8814
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Michigan
“Unpretentious tapas bar in downtown Vancouver.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

La Bodega feels like a cozy neighborhood restaurant. Tables with red-checkered cloths are scattered in a number of small rooms. My review is limited to the small number of items that I tried. The sangria was tasty and loaded with fruit. Gambas al ajillo were as good as any I've had in Spain. I also enjoyed the artichokes with vinagrette, although the sauce seemed more like a Russian dressing. Strangely, you pay extra for bread which is a necessity to sop up the sauces. Otherwise, I thought the prices were unusually low for a tapas bar. And while I didn't try it, I was pleasantly surprised that a tapas version of paella was on the menu. What a great idea. The waitress was available when needed, but not intrusive. She encouraged me to sit as long as I desired. I had a very good cup of decaf expresso to finish off the meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“First night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Visited here on our first night in Vancouver. Setrvice was fine and food OK Prices very reasonable
Good vibe on a our first Friday night in the city

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coquitlam, BC
“The keyword is taste!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Yes, The taste of each plate was great! And the ambience way better, I love the places that only thing you can do is talk and eat. No TVs interfering or loud music.
We were cellebrating a birthday and anniversary and we tryed Paella, ALmejas(clams), Conejo(Rabbit), Patatas bravas, Jamon(Ham), Carne Asada, and the most famous, Gambas al Ajillo(shrimps).
All the flavours maintained the same taste I have enjoyed when I was a kid.
A place to remember and come bcak.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Been here many times! Always a favourite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

An amazing restaurant with top quality food! The service is always impeccable, you are greeted as an amigo(a)! It's a great place for catching up with friends over a pitcher (or two) of Sangria. My other favourites from La Bodega are: Tapa Paella, Patatas Bravas, Besugo en Salsa and Costillas de Res. Happy Dining!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“I crave this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is the best tapas I've had outside of Donastia, Spain. I ate hear first, and loved the food. Then went to Spain and the food there was just like La Bodega! The camarones, mushrooms, patatas bravas...my mouth waters just thinking about it. The sangria is delish! Its a great place for a group or just a couple. The landlord keeps threatening to cut to tear down the building so go quick while it's still on Howe as it's has great ambience. A Vancouver institution!

• Visited April 2012