“Special occasion dinner....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fleuri

Fleuri
845 Burrard Street | The Sutton Place Hotel, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2K6, Canada (Downtown)
604-642-2900
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Robson
Transit: We are close to major bus stops at Robson and Burrard.
Vancouver, Canada
“Special occasion dinner....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Service was impecable, food delicious, dessert buffet will take months to work off, such choice and variety...

Visited January 2013

Vancouver
“Sunday Jazz brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I wish I hadn't been a little under the weather so I could have done the beautiful brunch justice, it was divine!

Visited December 2012
Vancouver
“Great Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We purchsed a Travelzoo voucher for the lobster, steaak and chocolate experience and we were not disappointed. From the moment that we arrived at the restaurant the experience was great. We were escorted to a great table on the upper level and although we didn't realize it at the time, was strategically located adjacent to the chocolate buffet. The set course menu was vaery tasteful. My favourite was the lobster bisque however the tenderloin course was cooked to perfection - and the chocolate buffet....need I say more?
For anyone who has purchsed a Travelzoo voucher for this set menu - you have a greaat deal in hand.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Below average for a restaurant of its calibre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We can here for my birthday dinner on a travelzoo voucher. The dinner was 3 courses plus an amuse bouche and the chocolate buffet. The theme was lobster and beef with an appetizer of lobster tempura, lobster bisque, beef tenderloin and the chocolate buffet. This is actually the 2nd time I've done this meal and the second time, it was great because the dishes were different except for the beef tenderloin. The 2nd time, the lobster bisque was better than the 1st time but the first time, my server was outstanding. I ordered the wine sampler with my meal and my first experience, my server was a generous pourer. This time, our server was so careful, it was like he was squeezing the wine out of the bottle. He didn't ask how we like our steaks. Lucky for the kitchen, we all like it medium but this is the sign of an amateur server. Especially with beef.

At the end of the meal, I asked for Earl Grey and the tea I got was definitely not Earl Grey. It had the color of green tea. They rectified it immediately but by this time, combined with the chintzy pour, lack of attention to the steaks and the mix of the tea, my experience was jaded.

It just goes to show you that the food can be good but if your server is lack lustre, it overshadows the food.

I'm glad I only bought 2 travelzoos because I wouldn't be back for any type of celebration. The chocolate buffet is a gimmick and once you've done it once, it's meh for a standard. It's typical of the dessert section at your hotel Sunday buffet brunch. The only thing I did like and would be worth doing again is the Crepe station but I wouldn't pay full price just to get a crepe.

The point of travelzoos, groupons or anything of the like, is for restaurants to get their name out there for the future. I would like you would like to make a good impression otherwise people won't come back - this is definitely the case for me. If I had the experience the first time, I wouldn't hesitate in coming back but this time was so lack lustre and really there are sooo many restaurants in Vancouver that I can spend my money,.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle
“Don't miss the Chocolate Buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are a chocoholic, this is one thing you don't want to miss if you are in Vancouver! Crepes, Mousse, bread pudding, chocolate fountain...there must have been over 50 items to choose from! Pricey, but a fun experience.

• Visited August 2012