“Great as always!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill

Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill
1129 Hamilton Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
604-688-7466
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 2,804 Restaurants in Vancouver
Transit: Sky trains Canada Line
Prince George, Canada
“Great as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Best food in Vancouver! Best wine list in Vancouver! Best service in Vancouver! Need I say more? Apperently I do....well, you wont be sorry you came to Cioppinos!

Visited March 2013

North Vancouver, Canada
“Wow ! What an amazing experience at Cioppino's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were at Cioppino's last night and what a truly amazing experience. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff is super-attentive and caring.

We had Calamari and Mussels for appetizers; they were both very fresh, perfectly seasoned and delicious. We started with a bottle of Alex Elman Bin 721 ($50).

Our Main Courses were Rib Eye and Singapore Lamb (Chef's Special). The steak was perfectly cooked (Med-Rare) and very flavorful. The Lamb was perfect; it was served with a mousse with flavors that truly brought back memories of Singapore. We had a bottle of McLaren Shiraz ($62).

We finished by sharing a delicious assortment of desserts with a couple of Cappuccino's and a Sambuca.

Ian our server was particularly attentive, yet discreet. Overall it was an AMAZING experience and I would not hesitate to recommend Cioppino's !

Gratzi Chef Pino !

• Visited March 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Lovely food in a comfortable atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a group of 8 on a Friday night. The service was top-notch without being pretentious. The prices are quite high so you expect great food and it was. I had rack of lamb with an odd foamy coconut curry thing on top. Portions are not huge and we left not being full even though we each had appetizers and desserts. The high point for me was the appetizer with burrata cheese and assorted veggies. The lemon tart was perfect.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nanoose Bay, Canada
“Best restaurant in Vancouver...hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have explored every nook and cranny of the Vancouver restaurant market and Ciopppino's is still at the top of my favorite's list. Let's go through the list - food, service, atmosphere and value... The food is impeccably presented and tastes unbelievably good. My faves are the lobster bisque and Caesar salad to start and the Quebec rack of lamb for a main. Truly to die for. The service is top shelf - professional, courteous and knowledgeable - you are not never left wanting nor do they hover over you. The atmosphere is one of fine dining without all the stuffiness and pomposity usually associated with such a term. I always feel at home there. As far as value goes, Cioppino's is pricy for sure, but if you want the best dining experience in a city where a couple ofnCanucks tickets are five bills, then you are going to have to pay for it.

• Visited March 2013
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

One of the best meals I have eaten in a long, long time - even in Italy (although I don't often dine in this price bracket)! We dined there as an extended family and the young teenagers were treated just as well as the adults: the food was excellent, served promptly but without waiters seeming to hover or us having to wait more than one would wish - enough time to chat and enjoy the experience. Every one loved their meals from appetisers to desserts and we ate the whole range of dishes from fish and seafood, meat and poultry, pizzas, etc. - the whole gamut. I had the Linguine and Lobster (as a main) and I would heartily recommend It! Even the portion size was well judged. A totally nice, relaxed and delicious experience. Thank you!

We were guests so I can't pass judgement on all aspects but I would say - well worth a look.

• Visited December 2012