“A tasty Sunday Brunch....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro Pastis

Bistro Pastis
2153 W. 4th Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Kitsilano)
604-731-5020
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Pastis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #301 of 2,763 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
“A tasty Sunday Brunch....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had Sunday lunch at the Bistro on a rainy gloomy afternoon. The room is warm and welcoming with cozy tables. The service was prompt. The servers were friendly and professional.We shared the steak tartare appetizer.(very generous portion).It had great flavour and came with pomme frites and a small green salad. My son had a duck confit and egg dish that he said was delicious. My salad was very good with seared tuna cooked to perfection. My husband had a tasty crabcake that came with a very yummy coldslaw. We would like to go back and have dinner there. It is a very nice restaurant. My only complaint would be that the wine list is very pricey.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, British Columbia
“My favourite French Bistro in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This favourite west side French Bistro is always on my list of places to bring friends and family for lunch or dinner. The food is excellent as is the service. Upon walking in you are transported to a Parisian Bistro with all the style and flavours you might expect. John Blakely, also the owner of Le Parisien in the westend, has worked hard to bring the experience of bistro dining in Paris to Vancouver. I think he has succeeded and I recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Dine Out Vancouver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

It was packed! We had an early reservation and were greeted at the door with a casually dressed man who seemed harried and impatient. We were seated near the door in very cramped quarters. We realized this was due to the fact it was Dine-out but the line-up for the next reservations filled the entrance way, front tables and went out onto the street.
The servers were courteous and up beat. The smoked salmon appetizer was not great but the main courses were adequate in size and very tasty. We both had fish. The lemon pie dessert was fantastic.
I would go again...but NOT during this event.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Cozy French Bistro That Offers French Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Well, if you want coq au vin or steak and frites you have come to the right place! I had the pleasure of dining at this quaint french cafe for our Christmas party. Pastis's proprietor was very welcoming and more than happy to be accommodating.

Sitting with my back to the fireplace, which I might add is a vantage point to survey the entire room, I found the ambiance warm, cozy, and intimate. The menu had an array of french dishes that would please any discerning customer's appetite. I would highly recommend this French Bistro to anyone visiting Vancouver.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Very good casual dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I went to Bistro Pastis for a "Dine out Vancouver" dinner, and it was very good. We liked the atmosphere and the design, quite close to the authentic Paris bistros. The "Dine out menu" has two options, for $28 and $38, which is very nice. The $28 price is rare now in Vancouver! The food was good, my wife got escargot and duck, both were excellent. I got the steak Bordelaise, which was very good, too. I was impressed by the choice of the "wine by glass", usually very restricted in the other restaurants. Here we got an opportunity to select a glass for each dish, not restricted by "suggested choices". The only part that could be better was a dessert - good, but not impressive.

• Visited January 2013