“Like Santa, Bacchus Delivers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge

Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge
845 Hornby St. (Wedgewood Hotel), Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1V1 , Canada (Downtown)
604-608-5319
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 2,788 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Robson
Transit: Burrard Skytrain Station. B-Line 98 on Robson & Burrard.
Burnaby, Canada
“Like Santa, Bacchus Delivers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Escaping the pelting rain after a Christmas shopping excursion, we snugged into the Wedgewood Hotel's welcoming Bacchus Lounge to warm up, savour a very dry martini and chat before the fire's glow.
Later, as the talented lounge pianist offered up a cornucopia of melodic tunes and songs, the Bacchus Restaurant staff did what they do best. To a person, they delivered friendly, efficient service and tantalizing morsels carefully prepared and presented by chefs who consistently excel at pleasing the eye and the palate.
Let it snow, let it rain. For a memorable experience, Bacchus, at the Wedgewood, delivers.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Vancouver
“Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I highly recommend this restaurant and have eaten here several times. I love the lounge for wine and cheese. Ate here last weekend and had the most amazing tender steak. Live piano music adds to the perfect ambience.

Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice atmosphere with great food, but details in service can be improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had carefully selected Bacchus for a nice pre-Christmas dinner and its high ratings on Tripadvisor. We went there Dec 15, a party of 4. A bit of confusion at "check-in" ; the coat check seemed to be a bit confusing. We were escorted to a nice table with fine china and perfect location to hear the live pianist in the lounge. Festive atmosphere and quite loud ambience. Furniture and paintings are really nice with the old style antique look.

We ordered various dishes and we were overall pleased, except that the rack of lamb was so-so- a bit over-cooked for a medium. The halibut was great and the duck was good too. They forgot our side order of broccoli, and as there was lots of food, we didn't bother about it-except when it came up on the bill! Apologies, but quite poor attention to detail in our mind.

They did not fill up water on a continuous basis and had to be reminded about a ginger ale that had been ordered. Hmm, one of the best restaurant in Vancouver, did not have the best service in our mind. One of the waitresses was very nice, but unfortunately very hard to understand due to her accent and the noise level in the restaurant.

We had a great time, and overall the food was good, but the service a bit of a disappointment. That's why we give it 4 instead of 5.

At check-out, the real problem came. They could not find my coat that was checked in on the same number as my wife's. I had to walk into the closet myself and after quite a while I found it under somebody else's red coat. However, my cap was nowhere to find. While the rest of the party were waiting everybody looked and meanwhile two other guests were also out of luck to find their coats. Complete confusion. After 10 minutes my cap was finally found. This really took down the parting farewell feeling.

So in summary, nice location, nice decor, food nice and people friendly, but not the top notch you expect from this type of restaurant and the pricing they have. And to Bacchus management: Fix your coat system as it was chaotic for lots of people.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
British Columbia Canada
“Best fish and chips....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Have been here a number of times and stayed at this excellent boutique hotel and had breakfast, lunch and dinner. I make it my annual Christmas treat to have lunch there....the ambience is so Christmassy and the food so excellent....it's an old world experience with attentive but not overbearing service. Although I've enjoyed many things there I have to say that the halibut and chips is just brilliant....I understand that the chef is British so he knows how to do it!....fantastic!!!! After several years of enjoying this high standard and great atmosphere I figured that I'd better share....most enjoyable!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chilliwack, Canada
“Lovely intimate restuarant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

In the heart of down town Vancouver, just below Robson St. excellent food and service! The menu was a little to fussy for my Wild Man hubby ( he is a more meat and potatoes guy ) but i loved it and the hotel too! reminds me of the Sutton in some ways. Very European!!

• Visited November 2012