“Delish!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
North Vancouver
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stopped at the Argo as our daughter works nearby... and glad we did! The daily menu was impressive for folks who wish to have their "best" meal mid-day. We enjoyed simpler fare... burger with fries, clubhouse sandwich but our daughter ordered one of her favourites... spicy lamb on noodles.
The staff here have excellent style... they've obviously been dancing this dance for a while. We waited 10 minutes for a table (12:45 on a Tuesday!), but once seated our server was swift to get our food to our table, and often re-filled our water glasses. (It's sometimes these small things which make a good place great.) Food was delicious!
>>It's important to note that The Argo is cash only.<<
The Argo is an experience not to be missed.. and certainly to be repeated often. Check out their website to confirm what special selections are available today!

• Visited October 2013

Derby, United Kingdom
“We went back for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We found this lovely cafe for breakfast one morning, our favourite was the breakfast burrito. The coffee, hot chocolate and Iced Chai were also really good. Fantastic value for money too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Bc
“Don't let the exterior fool you! Awesome Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have eaten here time and time again and have never had anything less than spectacular.
Restaurant is a little hole in the wall mostly servicing a warehouse district; open only until 4pm Mon to Fri. And they only take cash.
The chef is a master with meat. Sure to melt in your mouth. And I think the most expensive meal is $12.
They have the usual fare: burgers, fries, pastas, etc.
And then they have the specials. Yummy. Duck, lamb chops, salmon, etc. Always changing and always delicious. Check out the menu on their website. Nothing ordinary about this place.
I love the food. And I think that they have the best pancakes I've ever tasted in my life.

My favourite is anything with the peppercorn sauce. You've never tasted better, even in a five star establishment.

5 star restaurant in a one star setting. But hey, I'm really all about good food; I don't care much about the surroundings.

Say hi to Kirby and Lorna!

• Visited March 2013
NORTH VANCOUVER
“Best Lil' secret in Vancouver..until now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Saw this place on "You gotta eat here".
So I packed up the kids as soon as we could and headed down on a Pro-D day as it is only open M-F, 7-4. "CASH ONLY".
I didn't know about the cas only so after our meal (Kirby, I believe) let me run over to the AthletesVillage to get some cash.
I had the Chicken Con Queso on rice $10.75. Mexican Poutine. Incredible.
My son had he Spicy Lamb on rice $11.75.
My daughter a small caesar,$4.75,and the littlest he had a griled cheese and fries,$4.50.
We have found our favorite new spot.
They also have upwards of 10or more specials per day swell.
Ya gotta try the shakes and desserts as well. Get there well before lunch or after 1:30 or you will be waiting. I saw the monster of all clubhouses as well. We went back a second time and I had the curry chicken on rice. Another home run. It is a classic diner, so don't expect the Four Seasons Decor, but it will be Four Seasons food but way cheaper.
We are already planing our next visit on the next Pro-Day.
Hope this helps.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Alberta
“Great character, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Saw this gem on a food show (Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives). Me and 2 buddies went in at lunch to check out this hilarious little place. 80's booths all over, menu written on chalk boards on the walls. Free soup with every meal. 2 of us ordered the mexican poutine on fries... Amazing flavor, not too grease, nice size portion. The other guy got a bacon burger: it was fresh and tasty as well. Will definately be going back here on my next visit to Vancouver.

• Visited November 2012