“Pretty food for a pretty hefty price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Five Sails Restaurant

Five Sails Restaurant
300-999 Canada Place | The Pan-Pacific Hotel R level, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3E1, Canada (Downtown)
604-844-2855
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Five Sails Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,846 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French, Pacific Rim
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street
Transit: The closest bus stop is located at the Sea Bus Terminal at the North end of Granville Street and Cordova Street.
Orlando, Florida
“Pretty food for a pretty hefty price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our wallets were thinner and so were our stomachs! Food is plated very pretty, but no substance to it. Food was tasty. (My hubby had a piece of Sole and loved it.) I had 1 vegan and 2 vegetarian options on the menu which were salad based or roasted veggies, (not impressed). We went back to our hotel and ordered room service dinner.

Visited December 2013

West Hollywood, California
“Quite sublime but did not knock my socks off...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

A great restaurant in the Pan Pacific Hotel but, considering the costs, it did not knock my socks off, so to speak.

Visited January 2013
Alexandria, VA USA
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had a business dinner here. Honestly didn't expect much--it's a hotel restaurant. Happily surprised with an outstanding meal--even my European colleagues were impressed. Highly recommend.

Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Spectacular View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Five Sails in the Pan Pacific Hotel is the standard up-scale restaurant. They do everything right and you feel like you're getting the first class restaurant experience. The view is one of the best you could ask for of the fabulous harbour and North Shore. Yes, the ladies will be impressed and you will certainly score points on taste. Of course the menu selection is great and there are plenty of very nice wines to choose from. The prices are of course as you would expect for this level of top end restaurants. I guess my only complaint is that it seems to tick off all the boxes and that's it. Aside from the view it's, if you can possibly understand what I'm trying to say...a standard experience. Nothing really jumps out at you as spectacular...well, maybe the prices, but you shouldn't be there if you have to look at stuff like the bill. When you're dealing with great restaurants and that range of expectations I'd say the Five Sails is uninspired but well within the expectations....I wasn't 'wowed' and that's what I expect.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midland, Texas
“Top Restaurant at Our Hotel, But Be Prepared to Spend a Lot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Having flown all day, we didn't want to go far for dinner. It was either that, or room service. So we made reservations for the Five Sails.

Fancy! Fancy! Fancy!

We arrived right after they opened and got a wonderful water view window. I got some good pictures while waiting for dinner. Good thing too, because this was the last my camera worked one the whole trip.

We weren't up to their set menu, so we picked a couple of ale carte offerings! They even through in an extra dish! Great presentation, and great food!

If you're going on a cruise, don't book Specialty dining the first night, because it will be a disappointment after this fine cuisine!

• Visited September 2013