“Don't bother” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Library Square Public House

Library Square Public House
300 W. Georgia St., Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
604.633.9644
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,761 of 2,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The wildly popular Library Square Public House is just two blocks from Rogers Arena and BC Place, and across the street from the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Library Square is busy day and night, from business lunches to pre- and post-event crowds. Enjoy modern, local and organic pub fare, a huge selection of craft and domestic beer, and custom seasonal cocktails. Complete with a jukebox and games area, this large, versatile room is well known for its sports programming, weekly live bands, hip DJs and late-night dancing.
Vancouver, Canada
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Recently stopped for lunch here with a friend and by the end of the meal we both wished we'd have gone with our instincts and left right away.

The service was okay, though there wasn't much attention to detail- i.e. usually in a restaurant if you order anything "steak" the first response from the host is "how would you like it cooked?", not here. Ended up having to send the meat back and once it arrived back on my plate some of it was edible but the ciabatta bread it sat on was soaked in fat and had gone from crunchy to soggy. Gross. The yam fries were nice though.

The setting is quite dark too, I think it's a sports bar at night (I'm not too sure, I haven't lived in Vancouver long and I rarely venture that way).

All in all, I wouldn't ever bother going back there.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Plano, Texas
“Good Sports bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Watched a Canucks game here. It was standing room only for a long time, finally snagged a couple seats and watched the game. Happy hour wasn't very happy in my opinion. The specials were on the high side from what I am used too. $4.50 pints and $6.50 specific cocktails. Which I guess really is that bad for such an pricey city.

Visited April 2012
“Great food and VERY good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Other than brilliant food and a superb location the best thing about this pub was the service. Our waitress took pride in her job and offered us EXCELLENT suggestions. I wanted cider but they were temporarily out of stock and she suggested a great gin and tonic that was delicious. I ordered the Macaroni and Cheese and she suggested the addition of goats cheese and bacon to make it even more splendid. I think out of the 10+ places we went for food on our little trip to Vancouver this was the best food and certainly the best service for the money.

Visited March 2012
Bellingham, WA
“Drinks, salads, sandwiches & killer yam fries!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Friendly sports bar with a menu we like a lot...
Several local brews are on tap and there are daily food and drink specials (beer &/or cocktails) worth noting.
The sandwiches are outstanding. My new favorite is the Chicken & Waffle with chipotle mayo served with the best yam fries around. I also enjoy the BLTA sandwich (a BLT with avocado) and the Reuben in excellent. Saturday and Sunday brunch items are priced right and the choices are good.
Location makes it a perfect spot to 'grab a bite' before the opera or a play at the Queen Elizabeth II Theatre.

Visited March 2012
Dublin
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely terrible in every category especially service. Wouldn't go back here if I was dragged.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere