“Very good and recommended by a Girl off the street” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Floata Seafood Restaurant

Floata Seafood Restaurant
180 Keefer St # 400, Vancouver, British Columbia V6A 4E9, Canada (Downtown)
(604) 602-0368
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,198 of 2,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Rhinelander, Wisconsin, United States
“Very good and recommended by a Girl off the street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our group of four had the Group of Four -
Steamed Shrimp Dumpling (8 pcs.)
Crispy Spring Rolls (4 pcs.)
Seafood Bean Curd Soup
Sauteed Prawns & Scallop with Greens
Orange Beef
Cashew Nut Chicken
Fried Rice or Chow Mein
Dessert of the Day

We were early and nearly had the restaurant to ourselves. The Peking duck looked awesome!!

Visited September 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Went on a Wednesday night and we were the only ones in the restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Vancouver BC tourism bureau pushes this restaurant as one of 3 they recommend for Dim Sum. We went on a Wednesday night and Dim Sum was not on the menu. I think Dim Sum may be a lunch item. We chose off the Asian menu with the help of our waiter. The food was quite good. Walking after dark in Chinatown was scary. Unfortunately we chose Hastings to get back to downtown and the sidewalks were thick with druggies and homeless. Man did we walk fast.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond Hill, ON
“Old Style - but not very good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were wandering around Vancouver's Chinatown and wondering where to go to eat. We happened upon a security guard at a bank, probably not the best idea, but it was better than doing my usual eenie meenie mynie moe method. I think we should have skipped lunch altogether. I didn't mind picking dishes via a sheet, we already do it at home at our local Chinese eateries. My problem with it was it didn't taste good. My taste buds are very good, I have 4 people in my family who are dim sum masters. I picked 6 dishes: har gow with chives, siu mai, meatball, coconut square, beef cheung fun, I don't remember what the 6th one is. The meatball was the worst dish, I refused to eat it after the first bite. It might have been Chinatown's biggest restaurant, I personally didn't find it was very good. The tea was not the best quality tea either. It was not cheap dim sum, our 6 dishes, plus tea, plus tax, plus tip was around $40.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Old school Dim Sum in Chinatown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The room is huge, there is no cart service, and the dim sum are very traditional. That having been said, I prefer the retro kinda greasy dim sum to the fancier stuff we get these days. The service was slow, but the food was tasty, and the location was handy to the rest of chinatown, parking, and a quick getaway past the stadium. If you want fancy expensive dim sum, head to Richmond, so I am told.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Dim Sum around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

The initial entry is a bit decieving nothing flash and out of the way, but it was fantastic food well paced service. Friendly helpful staff and dirt cheap delicious, best Dim Sum in Canada to date. A1 recommend