“One of our Vancouver Favorites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of CinCin Ristorante + Bar

CinCin Ristorante + Bar
1154 Robson St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 1B2, Canada (Downtown)
+1 604-688-7338
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
CinCin Ristorante + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,763 Restaurants in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Thurlow & Bute
Seattle
“One of our Vancouver Favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We have been coming to CinCIn for years and have always enjoyed it. Unfortunately, this time we happened to be there when two humongous banquets (one must have had at least 50 people, most likely more) were going on, so the kitchen was--understandably--stretched and the noise in the dining area was much louder than normal. My husband, who is very exacting about Caesar salads, enjoyed his. I had a delicious garlic soup, made creamy with potato. The crusty rolls were served warm and were delicious. Then we waited. And waited. From past experience, I can tell you that this wait for the main courses was abnormal--I am SURE it was due to the large banquets. But the wait was worth it. I had the grappa marinated black cod (aka sablefish) in basil broth with potato/olive oil pasta and fresh vegetables. It was memorable. The black cod was perfectly cooked and, with the other ingredients, sitting in a light broth (maybe chicken and wine?) perfumed with basil. The vegetables included potato, green beans, carrots, and golden (or maybe white) beets, all perfectly cooked. The pasta was out of this world! Still trying to figure out how they made it with potatoes. One of the best dishes I've ever had anywhere. My husband had the pork loin with potato pancetta cake and a dried apple/pear watercress salad. It was scrumptious, the only criticism being that the meat--while perfectly cooked--was only lukewarm, not hot. We attributed this lapse to the stresses placed on the kitchen by the banquet. The waiter offered to take it back several times, but my husband decided to eat it as it was (it was delicious even lukewarm). In the end, the restaurant deducted the cost from our bill. I'm dairy intolerant, so had the sorbet for dessert. My husband had the zabaione freddo --a semifreddo in citrus sauce, which was unusual and delicious. I would have given CinCIn 5 stars for this meal had it not been marred by the wait for the entrees and the temperature of the pork. I believe these were just aberrations due to the two large banquets, and highly recommend the restaurant. Service is always excellent.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“beautiful and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

great food, had my first date with my husband there, so always has fond memories for me.

Canada
“A winning formula”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

great food, delicious desert, a great buzz to the restaurant and overall a fun night out. definitely a major contender as one of the great restaurants in vancouver

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pasadena, CA
“small bites of heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

the menu is varied and inspired. November is Truffle month and there are a variety of entries prepared with or without truffles. Had a delicious duck risotto and the mushroom pizza

Service is great here too - our hotel called over and the table was ready upon arrival. Food was great, delicious desserts.
we were honeymooning and CinCin brought us a fabulous array of desserts to celebrate. Will definitely return.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, WA
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I chose Cin Cin as the restaurant to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We weren't disappointed. My osso buco was one of the best I've ever had, and my wife's bolognese pasta dish was delicious, as was my beet, mozzarella and basil salad.
The decor is very typical of a 'funky' upscale Vancouver restaurant, and the service was excellent. Being located in the heart of Robson street made for a nice walk after dinner.
I would go back in a heartbeat as there are several other dishes I want to try.

• Visited November 2011