“Good Food, Great Views, Reasonable Prices” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub

Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub
1583 Coal Harbour Quay, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
(604) 669-7666
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 3,032 Restaurants in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Tapas
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Cardero’s Restaurant in Coal Harbour offers spectacular waterfront dining right in the marina. Enjoy tasty wok dishes to share, fresh seafood, an extensive wine list, and much more. You can dine and watch as their talented kitchen team prepares your food from their open kitchen. The Live Bait Marine Pub features live music Sunday through Thursday from 9:00pm, a great place to grab a bite and pint and enjoy some tunes with friends!
Merrillville, Indiana
“Good Food, Great Views, Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

While in Vancouver for a cruise, we stayed in the Canada Place area and walked along the beautiful sea wall to the Coal Harbor area and found this restaurant. We had made reservations for 7:30, but got hungry and came early hoping we could get in. We had a drink in the lively bar area and a table was ready before we finished. The New England Style Clam Chowder was delicious and the best I have ever had. We both had steak and had no complaints. We were a little disappointed when we mentioned to the waiter that we planned on returning Sunday night for the 2 for 1 prime rib we had read about and he informed us that it had been discontinued a few months earlier. Beautiful views and location, nicely decorated. Very busy and loud. It did not bother us, but probably not the best location for a quiet, intimate dinner. Would definitely come back for the chowder!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
burnaby
“Better this time around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Yesterday, 12th of June thought would go to Cardero for lunch... Again, very warm and welcoming..

Since we had reservations, we were give a very nice table, with a view of the Marina.

Service was excellent, we did not order any appetizers, but the waiter kindly brought over warm pita bread with houmus and olives... (excellent)

We ordered the halibut special , as our main entree, it was bland (Thank God for Tabasco) requested potatoes instead of rice which was very nice.

We shared a brownie dessert which was simply out of this world.. from presentation to taste. ( I would highly recommend it.

Again, the staff was extremely friendly when we left..

oh yes.. on my last visit I mentioned that the quantity of food on the plate was not enough... I still stand by that... however since we did have a starter I did not leave a little hungry :))

Great restaurant , will still go back there

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. John's, Canada
“I'm not sure why the reviews are so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went to this restaurant based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and must say I was somewhat disappointed.
Perhaps if I'd been with a larger party ordering lots of drinks, or in a couple with a hefty priced wine bottle, I might have had better attention. Sometimes the perceived amount of tip = the attention your waiter will give you.
The restaurant itself is in a great location and the interior decor was quite nice. It is very loud once the tables start filling up and hard to hear oneself think.
I found the menu a bit limited but adequate. The drinks menu was OK.
My appetizer arrived steaming hot and within a short time, so I thought things were off to a good start. The dumplings were quite nice.
Then my waiter disappeared (to be fair he had a large table with lots of wine and was busy there). Other people eventually arrived with my burger (OK but nothing special) and cleaned my table. There was a very long wait to get my dessert and bill; again someone else had to help me.
Overall, a burger, a smoothie, an appetizer and one sparkling wine was over $50 and the meal nothing to remember.
Other than the great view, I couldn't really recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sequoia R, Customer Service Coordinator at Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Amber,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and feelings re your recent dining experience at Cardero's. We value all feedback, and your review is well constructed by way of specific detail, which allows us to vigorously look into the issues you describe.

Mostly, we earn our excellent reviews, and we are sure to rectify matters so as to earn yours during a return visit as well:)

Warm regards,

Adele Holgate
Customer Service Coordinator I Sequoia Company of Restaurants
e: feedback@vancouverdine.com
georgia
“Fun with great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The waiters were very friendly & helpful in choosing menu items. The food was excellent! In addition, the atmosphere was lively and fun! Lovely setting!

Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

If visiting Vancouver you can't go wrong here. Very good food, service but the location and view are tough to beat. Don't let the confused help at the front through you off. Once seated pro's take over. Often have good live music as well.

• Visited May 2013