“Better this time around” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub

Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub
1583 Coal Harbour Quay, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Coal Harbour)
(604) 669-7666
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 2,801 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood, Tapas
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Coal Harbour
Description: Cardero’s Restaurant in Coal Harbour offers spectacular waterfront dining right in the marina. Enjoy tasty wok dishes to share, fresh seafood, an extensive wine list, and much more. You can dine and watch as their talented kitchen team prepares your food from their open kitchen. The Live Bait Marine Pub features live music Sunday through Thursday from 9:00pm, a great place to grab a bite and pint and enjoy some tunes with friends!
burnaby
“Better this time around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Yesterday, 12th of June thought would go to Cardero for lunch... Again, very warm and welcoming..

Since we had reservations, we were give a very nice table, with a view of the Marina.

Service was excellent, we did not order any appetizers, but the waiter kindly brought over warm pita bread with houmus and olives... (excellent)

We ordered the halibut special , as our main entree, it was bland (Thank God for Tabasco) requested potatoes instead of rice which was very nice.

We shared a brownie dessert which was simply out of this world.. from presentation to taste. ( I would highly recommend it.

Again, the staff was extremely friendly when we left..

oh yes.. on my last visit I mentioned that the quantity of food on the plate was not enough... I still stand by that... however since we did have a starter I did not leave a little hungry :))

Great restaurant , will still go back there

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
  • Korean first
St. John's, Canada
“I'm not sure why the reviews are so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went to this restaurant based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and must say I was somewhat disappointed.
Perhaps if I'd been with a larger party ordering lots of drinks, or in a couple with a hefty priced wine bottle, I might have had better attention. Sometimes the perceived amount of tip = the attention your waiter will give you.
The restaurant itself is in a great location and the interior decor was quite nice. It is very loud once the tables start filling up and hard to hear oneself think.
I found the menu a bit limited but adequate. The drinks menu was OK.
My appetizer arrived steaming hot and within a short time, so I thought things were off to a good start. The dumplings were quite nice.
Then my waiter disappeared (to be fair he had a large table with lots of wine and was busy there). Other people eventually arrived with my burger (OK but nothing special) and cleaned my table. There was a very long wait to get my dessert and bill; again someone else had to help me.
Overall, a burger, a smoothie, an appetizer and one sparkling wine was over $50 and the meal nothing to remember.
Other than the great view, I couldn't really recommend this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sequoia R, Customer Service Coordinator at Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Amber,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and feelings re your recent dining experience at Cardero's. We value all feedback, and your review is well constructed by way of specific detail, which allows us to vigorously look into the issues you describe.

Mostly, we earn our excellent reviews, and we are sure to rectify matters so as to earn yours during a return visit as well:)

Warm regards,

Adele Holgate
Customer Service Coordinator I Sequoia Company of Restaurants
e: feedback@vancouverdine.com
georgia
“Fun with great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The waiters were very friendly & helpful in choosing menu items. The food was excellent! In addition, the atmosphere was lively and fun! Lovely setting!

Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

If visiting Vancouver you can't go wrong here. Very good food, service but the location and view are tough to beat. Don't let the confused help at the front through you off. Once seated pro's take over. Often have good live music as well.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Discovered by accident and our trip to Vancouver and enjoyed some excellent salmon and tuna. Went back with a larger party two nights later and had another very good meal. It is busy but the service is good and the prices are reasonable. Well worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere