“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub

Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub
1583 Coal Harbour Quay, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
(604) 669-7666
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 2,873 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood, Tapas
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Cardero’s Restaurant in Coal Harbour offers spectacular waterfront dining right in the marina. Enjoy tasty wok dishes to share, fresh seafood, an extensive wine list, and much more. You can dine and watch as their talented kitchen team prepares your food from their open kitchen. The Live Bait Marine Pub features live music Sunday through Thursday from 9:00pm, a great place to grab a bite and pint and enjoy some tunes with friends!
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

If visiting Vancouver you can't go wrong here. Very good food, service but the location and view are tough to beat. Don't let the confused help at the front through you off. Once seated pro's take over. Often have good live music as well.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Discovered by accident and our trip to Vancouver and enjoyed some excellent salmon and tuna. Went back with a larger party two nights later and had another very good meal. It is busy but the service is good and the prices are reasonable. Well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“A Birthday Celebration lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our family in England purchased a gift certificate for my husband. (he could choose from the four restaurants in the group) as a Birthday gift, to use whilst we were visiting Vancouver. Last week we
went for a late lunch at Cardero's and managed to get a table on the patio. The view is beautiful and it was a sunny day. Don't be put off if the weather is a bit chilly outside, blankets are provided. The waiting staff were attentive and looked after us well. We chose the fish tacos to share, a portion of two. They were on the small side with little seasoning. Our next course was the steak sandwich and fries for my husband who enjoyed the perfectly cooked beef, full of flavour, soft roll and lovely dry fries. I chose the cedar plank salmon, a good size portion, perfectly cooked with rice a carrot and green beans.
For dessert my husband had the creme brûlée, and declared it delicious. I passed on dessert and chose a cocktail.
We thought the price of the tacos was a little high but overall a delicious meal in beautiful surroundings, with excellent staff.

• Visited June 2013
Amsterdam
“Nice athmosphere, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Cardero's with a party of six was a great experience. The restaurant has a nice athmosphere, both inside as on the patio. The staff is very helpful. The food is great.

Yukon
“Went Back - Extremely Better Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I wrote a review in February wherein we had a not so great lunch experience at Cardero's. To my surprise, management contacted me, apologized and encouraged me to return. Since I was in town with visitors from Australia, I thought we'd give it a try in hopes that our previous meal was a one-off. It was! We were welcomed, seated - although we were way early for our reservation and the service throughout the meal was top-notch. The food was excellent - particularly the appetizer of mussels in thai curry sauce. We all went away more than satisfied and I felt very glad to have taken friends I hadn't seen in 32 years to Cardero's. Thank you. It remains one of my favourite restaurants when I'm in Vancouver.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sequoia R, Customer Service Coordinator at Cardero's Restaurant & Live Bait Marine Pub, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hello again!

We just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your review based on your return visit! We value that you took the time to give us your feedback based on both dining experiences.

Kindest regards,