“A bit pricey for what you get” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Calhoun's Bakery Cafe

Calhoun's Bakery Cafe
3035 Broadway W, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Kitsilano)
(604) 737-7062
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 76 Bakeries in Vancouver
Cuisines: Bakeries
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Vancouver, Canada
“A bit pricey for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Think of an overpriced Starbucks with people surfing the internet and acting pretentious and pseudo intellectual. This is what you get from Calhouns. Essentially this place serves coffee, pastries and quick service food. My recommendation is go visit other places once you notice the prices on the menu of Calhouns.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tofino, Canada
“Open 24 hours a day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Food is okay. Casual atmosphere great. What is amazing are the hours - 24 hours. I was stuck in Vancouver one December 26 waiting for my son to arrive on a much delayed flight from Europe. Nothing else was open past 8 pm. At Calhoun's I was able to sit, drink tea, have a snack and wait to drive to the Vancouver International Airport. A sanity-saver; airport parking is pricey and waiting there is not so comfortable. Thank you Calhoun's!

Years ago I lived in Kits and had a young child. I always felt we were welcome there.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced and flavorless”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Seems over-rated. I had the Cheesy Penne.. it was very bland and the noodles were dried out. I also dont like how they microwaved what i ordered.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place to work and have lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I love this place for a fast lunch when I need a high speed internet connection. It has lots of great food for lunch and great coffee! Nice service and prices are decent. A panini and coffee was only ten bucks, but small bowl of fruit was over seven bucks.

That all being said I will always use this as my office away from my office when I m on the west side of Vancouver.

Visited July 2012
Vancouver, BC
“Great late night coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We found Calhoun's while looking for someplace open at 9:30pm serving coffee-harder than you might imagine! Lots of pluses at this coffee shop: free wifi, lots of seating, good coffee, desserts & meals, ambiance, 24hours. We will visit again!

• Visited January 2012