“Afternoon Tea - Yum!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 900 West

900 West
900 W. Georgia St (Fairmont Hotel Vancouver), Vancouver, British Columbia V5C 2W6, Canada (Downtown)
604-669-9378
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Alberni or Hornby
“Afternoon Tea - Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I sort of dragged my husband and 7 year old son to tea but they really enjoyed it. They had a great kid's tea that was just perfect for my son. Our waiter, Wayne, was very attentive and even helped my son when he couldn't find the washroom. The food was excellent. Their teapots are much better than the ones at the Fairmont in Seattle, albeit super hot so watch out. They do have a hot pad on the handle but still hot! It was a great way to spend the afternoon with my guys. I think I can get them to do it again! Also, the doorman was very helpful as well as he was able to get their courtsey car to drive us back to the Fairmont Watefront so we didn't have to pay for a cab.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Afternoon Tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went for Afternoon tea. A lovely, quiet respite from the busy shops outside. Excellent service, wonderful tea. Definitely worth adding the glass of Moet and Chandon!
Delicious, light scones.
Great sandwiches.
Lots of sweets and pastries.
Our only complaint is that they served 2 different sweets both with mocha filling. The mocha just didn't go with the tea. Would have preferred regular eclairs.
Gorgeous setting.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Not my first choice in the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, but a strong sloppy second silver medal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I visited 900 West at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver as a guest for a business lunch. My first choice at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver was Griffins, but unfortunately the person who invited me did not make a reservation and therefore we could not be seated. We then headed to 900 West and there was adequate seating.

I chose a cranberry soda beverage and the Carvery Sandwich, their signature prime rib sandwich. I chose medium rare. The sandwich came with a side of fries and two onion rings. The sandwich was good but at $24 the value for money spent would be better at the lunch buffett at Griffins at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.

My lunch host also chose a cranberry soda and the Chop Salad.

Our server was quite attentive and was ready to take our orders (even though we had just sat down and not even had a chance to review the menu). I assume she wanted to turn the tables in her section fast as many of the guests choose 900 West as a second choice to Griffins. I do give the server kudos as she was quite polite as she returned to our table to advise my lunch host that his credit card do not go through the electronic payment system.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
vancouver
“Good for people watching”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice food and wine, well served in great people watching location.

Visited July 2012
Surrey, Canada
“Amazing selection of Signature Cocktails and excellent server - Carlene!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

My friend and I came to 900 West for drinks. I opted to try some of their signature drinks and was well impressed! I was drinking the "After the Frost" martini most of the evening and also had a chance to try the Lychee Martini. Both are amazing martinis and I would most certainly go here for drinks again!

I didn't eat any food here, so I can't comment on the food. They do offer a little bowl of mixed snacks, and these were tasty.

The next day I had a cappucino at 900 West. It was a nice, enjoyable cup of coffee.

On both visits, my server was Carlene and she is an excellent server! She checked on us regularly, she was engaging and not standoffish in the least. She was attentive and very friendly!

• Visited April 2012